Brrrr! What the heck happened? All you fellow Utahns know what I'm talking about. How you somehow go from the 80's to the 40's in one day! It snowed where we are, but didn't stick. Yikes!! I usually hope that we can at least make it to Halloween before the first snow, but I guess not this year! Oh man, it has been cold!! But not too cold to stop us from having some fun!
On Friday night, Chris' parents invited the whole family to go to Thanksgiving Point to the corn maze with them.
It was such a fun night!! We bundled the girls up and then went out to enjoy the fun! There was so much to do there for Kaiya and she had a BLAST! Slides, trampolines, a train, a kiddie corn maze, and most importantly, getting to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa and her aunts and uncles and cousins! She is always really shy when we first get anywhere, but she warmed up to everyone and had such a good time! It was really nice for us to spend time with family too! We are so grateful for Chris' parents in providing such a fun time for the family!
(Chris' sister and her daughter)
(Shooting corn cobs)
(Chris and BIL, Brad)
(Newlyweds, Wes and Tiffany)
(Kaiya taking a ride with uncle Brad)
Then, the rest of the weekend we got to participate in our Church's General Conference. This happens twice a year, in the spring and in the fall. It is broadcast here in Utah and all over the world in many different languages so that our worldwide church members can all participate. Even my parents in India will get to see it! Anyway, the leaders of our church speak on a wide range of topics including gospel subjects and things that are pertinent to our lives in the world right now. I have to say that I look forward to this every time it comes around. I love to hear the words of these spiritually strong men and women who lead our church. There is always soooo much that seems to speak directly to my heart and is just what I need to hear, according to what I am going through. It is strengthening, provides so much peace in troubled times, encourages me to be a better person, wife and mother, but most importantly draws me closer to my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I always end conference weekend with much to work on and a determination to be better. I am sooo thankful for these semi-annual opportunities to listen to our Prophet and other inspired leaders! It was all just AWESOME, as always!
We went up to my brother, Jason's house on Saturday night to spend the night and watch some of conference with them. We went out to dinner without the kiddies and enjoyed a delicious breakfast this morning while we all cozied up in our PJ's to escape the big storm going on outside! We also got to talk to my parents on the webcam, with an added treat! When my parents lived in China a few years ago, they met and became very close with a young woman named Helen, one of their students. Anyway, when Chris and I went to visit them, we got to meet Helen and spend a lot of time with this incredibly special and amazing person! She is one of the kindest, funnest people I have ever met! Anyway, Helen came to India to visit my parents this last week, so today, we got to talk to her as well! It was soooo neat to see/talk to her again! I'm sure my parents are just having a blast having her there visiting! So, it was a great day! We also always enjoy the chance to get together with Jason and LeAnne and let the cousins play. Thanks, guys, for always being good hosts!!

6 Comments:
I agree, it is too cold too soon! I want my summer weather back! We also enjoyed conference as much as we could with kids. I needed to hear EVERYTHING, it was great! Your kids are so cute and getting so big!
sounds like a fun, but definitely very COLD weekend!
Very fun. I loved Elder Ballards talk. It was so powerful! When I come to visit, one of these days, I will have to go to Thanksgiving Point. It looks like it offers a lot.
Looks like a fun weekend! Your girls are always so cute!
That looks like a perfect place for family fun. Lets try it next fall. Darling picture Karli.
What a blast! We'll have to check out the Corn Maze. Great pics.
Post a Comment
<< Home