We've got some milestones!
We've hit some big milestones at the G house lately! It's pretty exciting!
First off, our little Ya-ya took another big leap to becoming a BIG girl! WE FINALLY GOT RID OF THE BINKY!! Hooray!! I can't even begin to express how huge this is for our girl! If you notice, many, if not most of our pictures of Kaiya over the last 2 years have a binky in them. She was soooo attached to those things! And to be honest, mom was pretty attached to them too, because I always knew that was the thing that would calm her down when she was upset. It was almost as much of my security blanket as it was hers! But I knew it was time. So, a few nights ago, we were all hanging out and Kaiya was trying to tell us something that we could not understand because of said binky in her mouth. So, Chris says, "we really need to get rid of that thing". I agreed. So, I said, "let's just do it now". So, we picked it up while Kaiya was playing with something else, and hid it away and that was the last time she saw her binky! It has been a couple of days now and honestly, it has been NO BIG DEAL! She has asked for it a couple of times, but we simply tell her it's all gone or we don't know where it is, and she is totally fine and on her way. We've had no tears, we've had no fits, and I'm left sitting here wondering why we didn't just do this sooner! It has been sooo painless and I am thrilled! Buh-bye binky! YAY!!!
(and as a little reward, we let her watch Shrek -- she was IN HEAVEN!!)





5 Comments:
Congratulations on the binky. You're pretty lucky that she went from having it so much to not at all so flawlessly. I don't think it would work that way for me. We've been trying to wean my boy for a while now, he's a major junkie, and I've enjoyed the peace it brings similar to how you said it was like a security blanket to you. I'd love to just take it away, but I know we'd have problems. His sister takes one too, and I've debated gettibng rid of both at the same time so there is no jealousy, but their soo convenient.
Anyway, all I wanted to say was congrats. Losing the binky is a big deal, glad it worked out well for you.
What a hilarious post!! The adventures of the Grover Girls never ends. I must say I am surprised and proud with the ease of Kaiya's yielding to the loss so naturally. You didn't even have to be devious (snip, snip). And little miss smily britches even with a mouthful of slimy mush! What a darling. I think her eyes in that one pic tells the story! YIKES.
You ARE lucky that the bicky wasn't a big deal. ANd to think you could have done it a long time ago, had you known :)
Taylor isn't already old enough for solids????? She seems to have taken to that YUMMY stuff so well :) Yours girls are growing up way to fast and it has been too long since I have seen them!!!
We never had to deal with a binky but had to deal with the breaking of the sippy. We left the sippy at my parents when we were on vacation, which made a hard drive home, and so everytime we go back to visit she runs in the backyard (where she last saw her sippy) to see if it is still there. Crazy how she still remembers after two years. Your girls are so cute and I love Taylor's cute smile!
It was so fun reading about your and Tina's experiences with the Binky...congratulations! I just hate to think the babies are growing so quickly while we are away......but it looks like you are doing a great job!
Post a Comment
<< Home