Not quite yet...
As if I needed one more reason NOT to keep up with my blog...
We're moving. Well, maybe one day.
We have packed pretty much everything, and are currently living out of boxes. Literally. I keep rewashing the few clothes I have out for the girls and I'm pretty sure when we do finally move, I will just throw them away, as I am thoroughly sick of seeing them! And poor Taylor pretty much never gets out of her PJ's this week! Oh yeah, and that also means my camera is packed away, so no pics, which for me also means not much point in blogging :)
This past month has been soooo crazy busy for us. It has been sooo crazy exciting too! We found a house that we love that is literally like 90 seconds away from Chris' work. He could ride his bike. Or run. Or drive, I guess, and get there so fast! In our 7 1/2 years of marriage, he has never worked closer than 45 minutes to where we were living, so this is beyond wonderful! And in a city that we have grown to absolutely LOVE. What more could you ask for, right?!
So, we have been busy getting ready for what should be our final move for a long while, we hope. A house we can see ourselves growing in for many years to come! It has all been very exciting -- picking out furniture, ordering blinds, walking through the house about 8 million times envisioning all of our things in their spots-- our poor realtor! And what perfect timing -- we have been staying in my parents' house while they were serving their mission, and they come home about 2 weeks after we move in!! They will be happy to have their house back with us visiting, instead of living there!
Anyway, buying a house is not without its' hiccups, as you all know. It can never just be EASY and simple! We have been working hard to close this weekend, and it was looking good. So, we lined up help to move, packed, got the house cleaned, etc. And got EXCITED. Only, the sellers dropped the ball. There were a few things they were supposed to get fixed on the house and they have known about it for weeks. Well, they STILL haven't done them so the bank won't fund the loan until those things are done. UGHHHH! So, now we are looking at next week. IF they get their crap done on time. I wish I could just call them and remind them that the sooner they do their part, the sooner they get their money, DUH!
I know it's just a few days (hopefully) later, but I'm sooo antsy to get in there. I want to get the house all unpacked and decorate for Christmas and have it all feel like HOME for the holidays. I CAN'T WAIT!! So, for now, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that we get in there early next week and continue to root through boxes so we can live for a few more days here.
I haven't taken any of my own pics of the house, but here is one from the listing. More pics to come when we actually LIVE there!!
Home sweet home, SOON, we hope!
We're moving. Well, maybe one day.
We have packed pretty much everything, and are currently living out of boxes. Literally. I keep rewashing the few clothes I have out for the girls and I'm pretty sure when we do finally move, I will just throw them away, as I am thoroughly sick of seeing them! And poor Taylor pretty much never gets out of her PJ's this week! Oh yeah, and that also means my camera is packed away, so no pics, which for me also means not much point in blogging :)
This past month has been soooo crazy busy for us. It has been sooo crazy exciting too! We found a house that we love that is literally like 90 seconds away from Chris' work. He could ride his bike. Or run. Or drive, I guess, and get there so fast! In our 7 1/2 years of marriage, he has never worked closer than 45 minutes to where we were living, so this is beyond wonderful! And in a city that we have grown to absolutely LOVE. What more could you ask for, right?!
So, we have been busy getting ready for what should be our final move for a long while, we hope. A house we can see ourselves growing in for many years to come! It has all been very exciting -- picking out furniture, ordering blinds, walking through the house about 8 million times envisioning all of our things in their spots-- our poor realtor! And what perfect timing -- we have been staying in my parents' house while they were serving their mission, and they come home about 2 weeks after we move in!! They will be happy to have their house back with us visiting, instead of living there!
Anyway, buying a house is not without its' hiccups, as you all know. It can never just be EASY and simple! We have been working hard to close this weekend, and it was looking good. So, we lined up help to move, packed, got the house cleaned, etc. And got EXCITED. Only, the sellers dropped the ball. There were a few things they were supposed to get fixed on the house and they have known about it for weeks. Well, they STILL haven't done them so the bank won't fund the loan until those things are done. UGHHHH! So, now we are looking at next week. IF they get their crap done on time. I wish I could just call them and remind them that the sooner they do their part, the sooner they get their money, DUH!
I know it's just a few days (hopefully) later, but I'm sooo antsy to get in there. I want to get the house all unpacked and decorate for Christmas and have it all feel like HOME for the holidays. I CAN'T WAIT!! So, for now, I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that we get in there early next week and continue to root through boxes so we can live for a few more days here.
I haven't taken any of my own pics of the house, but here is one from the listing. More pics to come when we actually LIVE there!!
Home sweet home, SOON, we hope!




9 Comments:
Well I can only imagine the frustration when you learned you have to postpone for a few more days. Just try to invision 2 weeks from now when the boxes are unpacked and you feel AT HOME and then you can get over some anxiety. Love the front design of your HOME. It has real class!
How exciting! That will be wonderful that he will be so close to work. You can eat lunch together. How fun. I did not relize your parents will be home that soon, wow!
I must know where this house is...I am always looking. Maybe we can be neighbors.
Cute, cute! Hope you can settle in very sooN!
We are so excited for you and your family. Have a great Christmas with ALL the family.
That is a beautiful house! It will be so nice when you get to move and get it over with. Soon enough, it will be here!
it was great to hang with you today and catch up, even if it meant hearing that you can't make the move as planned. Like mom says, just look down the road a few weeks and you will be so much happier!! SO excited to see the INSIDE :)
I LOVE the house! It would be so nice to have a yard. :) I'm happy for you guys.
we are so excited for you guys! wish we were coming to utah for the holidays so we could see it in person. make sure to take lots of pictures for us:)
Post a Comment
<< Home