How did this happen?!
Well, I am a little late on this one, but I just had to wish my little Tay Jay a happy SIX MONTH birthday! And ask...HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! I don't even understand how she is already six months old, I really don't.
I absolutely adore this little Ladybug. I just can't express the joy she brings to me and to our family! She has turned our worlds upside down and has taught me that my love can be and is truly matched for my girls. You know that wonder inside about how you will ever possibly be able to love someone as much as you love your first child and you really can't imagine having enough love left for someone else? I totally felt that. And now, six months later, I truly feel and know that the love is so limitless. In some way that I don't fully understand, Taylor has filled up my heart as much as Kaiya and the love I have for each of them has found room for the other. I don't know how it is possible to love each of these little souls so fully and so completely and so equally. But I know that I do and I know that it makes me feel like the luckiest person alive to feel so much love for my girls. Taylor has really taught me so much about my own love by joining our family. I could not have DREAMED of how wonderful it would be to love this much!
Little Tay Tay has a smile that can brighten even the sun. She has filled our family with so much light and love and happiness with her special spirit. I often think back to the early weeks of her life and how sick she was and how we just couldn't figure out how to help her. It was rough and Tay shed a lot of tears. And then after a few changes, the real Taylor started to emerge. We started to see her happiness shine through and she was so incredibly content and happy. It has been sooo wonderful to have this little life that just smiles and smiles and smiles. It doesn't take much to make her happy and sometimes I see her just smiling away at nothing as she hangs out. She is just HAPPINESS!

Some things about our little munchkin at six months:
Her current stats: 26 inches long (still 80th percentile), 13.9 lbs. (only 10th percentile). She is visibly really long!
She LOVES to suck on her toes . All day. Every time she finds them. Even with socks or shoes on.
She has BIG, BRIGHT blue eyes that are always wide open.
She is an EXCELLENT sleeper. This has been a work in progress, but she is awesome now! She has been sleeping through the night since about 3 months, so I was always grateful for that. But her daytime sleeping was very sporadic and limited. In the past month or so, though, so has started taking really good, routine naps and it's wonderful!! She now sleeps about 10-11 hours at night and then takes a good 2-3 two-hour naps during the day. YAY for sleep!
Taylor has soft and very straight strawberry hair. I love it! I always hoped for a red-head and just love her locks!
Tay is NOT a binky baby. This is new for me, since Kaiya's binkies were like the air she breathed. Tay would rather just suck on her toes.
No teeth yet, but man, she goes to town on ANYTHING she can get into her mouth. And she gets so frustrated if it isn't something that she can chew on easily or doesn't fit in her mouth. Our fingers are her favorite chew toys.
She's rolling! She started rolling from her stomach to her back about a month ago, but not the other way. This morning, we were in getting ready for church and came back into the room where Tay was laying and she was on her stomach! So, we technically missed her first roll -- DANG! But she has been rolling like crazy all day today, now that she has figured it out! It's cute! Again, this is another one that we didn't get to experience with Kaiya because she didn't ever really roll.
She is still so-so on her eating solids. She still usually spits whatever it is right back out or shoves the spoon away with her tongue. But she doesn't seem to mind the flavors of most things, so that's good, I guess.
She does love her bottle, though, and is determined to hold it on her own! Although, sometimes, she doesn't do so well and her drink ends up all over her face!
She is really good at lifting herself up on her arms. She may be crawling soon?
She is a babbler! She squawks and grunts and sometimes yells just to hear her own voice! It's so funny! She also laughs really cute and really easily!
She is still so fascinated with sister and watches her every move! And luckily she doesn't get mad when Kaiya takes ANYTHING and EVERYTHING away from her! She's just content to get Kaiya's attention!
She loves to stand. Not by herself, obviously, but she would much rather be standing on her legs than sitting in your lap. Gotta build up those muscles for walking someday!
Taylor loves baths -- LOVES them! She kicks like a wild woman just to feel the splashes! And loves to play with and chew on all the bath toys while sister washes her!
We are working on sitting up, and she does ok sometimes, but most of the time, she folds right in half, trying to get to those toes to suck on.
*****Oh yeah, and I forgot one of my favorite things! Chris and I figured out the other day that she reminds us so much of a little bird because her mouth is always wide open! It gets especially wide when she sees a bottle coming her way! She's our little tweet-tweet!
Again, I just love this little girl! She is the fulfillment of a longing, a dream, a wish that I always hoped for, but was not always sure I would see happen. She gave me the opportunity to experience pregnancy and I will forever be grateful for that. And I'm grateful to be a mom to this beautiful, sweet, precious spirit. She fits just perfectly in our little family! We love you to pieces, Taylor Jayne!
(This was my little newborn lady...and then what happened?!)
It's that total bitter-sweetness of loving to see her grow and do new things and develop her little personality, but also wishing so much that I could freeze time and have my little baby stay this way forever. I remember feeling that same feeling with Kaiya and somehow she up and turned two on me!
I absolutely adore this little Ladybug. I just can't express the joy she brings to me and to our family! She has turned our worlds upside down and has taught me that my love can be and is truly matched for my girls. You know that wonder inside about how you will ever possibly be able to love someone as much as you love your first child and you really can't imagine having enough love left for someone else? I totally felt that. And now, six months later, I truly feel and know that the love is so limitless. In some way that I don't fully understand, Taylor has filled up my heart as much as Kaiya and the love I have for each of them has found room for the other. I don't know how it is possible to love each of these little souls so fully and so completely and so equally. But I know that I do and I know that it makes me feel like the luckiest person alive to feel so much love for my girls. Taylor has really taught me so much about my own love by joining our family. I could not have DREAMED of how wonderful it would be to love this much!
Little Tay Tay has a smile that can brighten even the sun. She has filled our family with so much light and love and happiness with her special spirit. I often think back to the early weeks of her life and how sick she was and how we just couldn't figure out how to help her. It was rough and Tay shed a lot of tears. And then after a few changes, the real Taylor started to emerge. We started to see her happiness shine through and she was so incredibly content and happy. It has been sooo wonderful to have this little life that just smiles and smiles and smiles. It doesn't take much to make her happy and sometimes I see her just smiling away at nothing as she hangs out. She is just HAPPINESS!


Some things about our little munchkin at six months:Her current stats: 26 inches long (still 80th percentile), 13.9 lbs. (only 10th percentile). She is visibly really long!
She LOVES to suck on her toes . All day. Every time she finds them. Even with socks or shoes on.
She has BIG, BRIGHT blue eyes that are always wide open.She is an EXCELLENT sleeper. This has been a work in progress, but she is awesome now! She has been sleeping through the night since about 3 months, so I was always grateful for that. But her daytime sleeping was very sporadic and limited. In the past month or so, though, so has started taking really good, routine naps and it's wonderful!! She now sleeps about 10-11 hours at night and then takes a good 2-3 two-hour naps during the day. YAY for sleep!
Taylor has soft and very straight strawberry hair. I love it! I always hoped for a red-head and just love her locks!
Tay is NOT a binky baby. This is new for me, since Kaiya's binkies were like the air she breathed. Tay would rather just suck on her toes.
No teeth yet, but man, she goes to town on ANYTHING she can get into her mouth. And she gets so frustrated if it isn't something that she can chew on easily or doesn't fit in her mouth. Our fingers are her favorite chew toys.
She's rolling! She started rolling from her stomach to her back about a month ago, but not the other way. This morning, we were in getting ready for church and came back into the room where Tay was laying and she was on her stomach! So, we technically missed her first roll -- DANG! But she has been rolling like crazy all day today, now that she has figured it out! It's cute! Again, this is another one that we didn't get to experience with Kaiya because she didn't ever really roll.
She is still so-so on her eating solids. She still usually spits whatever it is right back out or shoves the spoon away with her tongue. But she doesn't seem to mind the flavors of most things, so that's good, I guess.
She is a babbler! She squawks and grunts and sometimes yells just to hear her own voice! It's so funny! She also laughs really cute and really easily!She is still so fascinated with sister and watches her every move! And luckily she doesn't get mad when Kaiya takes ANYTHING and EVERYTHING away from her! She's just content to get Kaiya's attention!

She loves to stand. Not by herself, obviously, but she would much rather be standing on her legs than sitting in your lap. Gotta build up those muscles for walking someday!Taylor loves baths -- LOVES them! She kicks like a wild woman just to feel the splashes! And loves to play with and chew on all the bath toys while sister washes her!
We are working on sitting up, and she does ok sometimes, but most of the time, she folds right in half, trying to get to those toes to suck on.
*****Oh yeah, and I forgot one of my favorite things! Chris and I figured out the other day that she reminds us so much of a little bird because her mouth is always wide open! It gets especially wide when she sees a bottle coming her way! She's our little tweet-tweet!
Again, I just love this little girl! She is the fulfillment of a longing, a dream, a wish that I always hoped for, but was not always sure I would see happen. She gave me the opportunity to experience pregnancy and I will forever be grateful for that. And I'm grateful to be a mom to this beautiful, sweet, precious spirit. She fits just perfectly in our little family! We love you to pieces, Taylor Jayne!





5 Comments:
What a sweet little baby. I love her cute red hair, it is adorable.
What a darling and sweet babes! She does literally light up your heart with her smiles and big blue eyes. But she must now stop that growing (at least for another 10 days).
Happy 6 month tay. She is such a precious girl, and what a miracle for your family!!! But can't these babies slow down and not grow soo fast?!
HA= my baby is only two months old and only one pound less than her. She must be a little one:) He is a tank! I bet your mom can't wait to meet her.
Ahh I cant get over how much Tay looks like Chris... She is soo cute.. I bet you guys can't wait to see ur parents.. How special that will be to have them home for christmas.. Hey I need a favor I need your guys address and your brothers.. If you could e-mail that to me that would be great.. Thanks.. and enjoy this very special christmas...
Post a Comment
<< Home