Kaiya Moments
This morning I had a Kaiya moment. A moment where I thought my heart just my burst with how much I love this girl!
It was simple, nothing out of the ordinary. Just watching my little girl as she walked down the hall into her room to go get something to wear (yes, she has started liking to pick out her clothes, but luckily she will still let me edit what she picks out a little bit!). I called to her, "Kaiya" and she replied, "Whaaat" and I said, "I love you, baby" and she replied "Luh you tooooooo!" as she went on her way. And this overwhelming feeling of love washed over me and my eyes filled up with tears.
I thought what a beautiful little person she is. She is so funny. Hilarious, actually. Full to the brim with personality that is all Kaiya. She is smart. Soooo smart. Maybe too smart for her own good! She is so kind and sweet. She doesn't even have to try, she just cares about everyone and is so sensitive to people's feelings. I see it every day with how she treats her little sister. She is creative and has a beautiful imagination.
And she is growing up so fast. This little person, once my little baby girl, is becoming a big girl. It's exciting and sad all wrapped into one. I long for these days to slow down, but I can't wait to see what she will do next.
All I know is that I love her. I love every single bit of her. She is such a tremendously huge part of our family, a big sister, a daughter, a leader who also obeys, a friend, a comedian, a big ray of sunshine filling up the walls of our home and my heart. I wonder on an almost daily basis how on earth I ever deserved this little person, to come to our family in such a special way. I cannot, CANNOT imagine life without her. It just wouldn't be complete or right. I know now what was missing in our lives before she came. I thought I was missing having children. But it was more than that. I was missing HER. And now my love for her has brought my heart to overflowing. I LOVE KAIYA!!
I'm grateful for the daily reminders, big and small, of how LUCKY I am to be a mother to these two girls. I'm going to try and start being more conscious of when I have these feelings and get them down before I forget them. Glad for the feelings I have felt today for my Kaiya-bear, my special, sweet girl.





3 Comments:
AMEN to all you said about Kaiya. She has filled every void that ever existed and then some. We love our many occasions to play!
Can't wait to meet this little family........enjoy every moment!
I was just talking to my husband about these same feelings with McCoy. You put so beautifuly into words!
I have also been taken back by having these same feelings about our next baby (when ever he/she may come). And have found it so odd that I can have these thoughts about someone I don't even know yet.
Motherhood is so amazing!
And yes your Kaiya is beautiful and you can tell just from your pictures that sweetness radiates from her.
Post a Comment
<< Home