RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Lil' update

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Lil' update

Blogging has become a bit of a chore, like a lot of things lately! More on that to come... But we have been doing a lot to enjoy the summer and I don't want to forget the fun memories, so here are some of them!

I took the kids to meet some friends at the pool in Brigham city. To be honest, it was the first time I attempted a public pool with the kids this summer (we've mostly been spending our days in our own blow-up pool in the backyard). It was actually quite fun and gave me confidence that I can manage this experience more often! Taylor was really tired and just wanted me to cuddle her the whole time, but Kaiya did really well just staying in the shallow waters and close to me. I think she had a lot of fun and really loves the water! Next time we will go a little earlier and not so close to nap time. I think Tay will enjoy it a lot more that way!

I also have been enjoying a lot of girlfriend time! Chris is always so supportive of getting me out to spend time with my friends and I so appreciate it! I have a group of friends that I get together with once a week (after the kids go to bed). We usually do dessert or watch an episode of a favorite reality show. But mostly we just gab and that's the nicest part about it! I am really grateful for the friendships that have developed since we moved here and the warm welcome everyone has given us! I also met up with some of my friends from where we used to live to see the latest Twilight installment. I have to say it was my favorite one by far, but even better, it's always so fun to reunite with old buddies for some good old laughs and talking and catching up! I had a great night with them and look forward to our next GNO soon!!

And of course, nothing beats the lazy summer days around our house! I love taking our time in the mornings, hanging out in our PJ's until we need to go somewhere. I love that my kids LIVE outside and are so content to run around in the grass, go on walks, play in the pool, and wear no shoes all day! I love that Kaiya will literally play outside for hours on end with Chase. If he's out there with her, her day is made! I love our neighborhood, chalk full of kids, running around outside, playing nice with each other, eating ice cream, getting dirty. I love the girls' crazy hair that never manages to stay managed for too long, the traces of summer fun running through their little curls. I love the amazing thunderstorms that regularly come through and leave these amazing rainbows behind. And the sunsets, wow!! I love the cool evenings outside in our backyard, laying on the blanket with Chris while the girls play. And I especially love after they go to bed, and Chris and I lay out on our blanket under the stars, just talking. This has become an almost nightly occurrence for us. We've had some really great moments out there together this summer and it's one of my favorite things about this time of year!


We really enjoyed our 4th of July holiday weekend. Our city did fireworks on Friday night and we discovered that we don't have to go anywhere to see a fantastic show, except right out onto our front lawn! We live quite close to the stadium and have a completely unobstructed view so our neighborhood actually gets quite a few visitors coming to lay out their blankets and watch the show. It was sooooo nice to not have to fight any traffic and just walk inside when it was all over! Taylor missed the show this year -- she is down for the count by 8:00, but maybe she had sweet dreams of them! Kaiya really loved them this year! It was the first year that she really got into it and it was the best part of the show for me, just watching her take it all in! The comments she was making were so funny! Sometimes she would see a firework and say, "wow, it's Tinkerbell!" or "ooooh sparkly" or "it's so bewteeful" or "oh my gosh" or "hi lights"! She loved it! We got to have my parents over for a sleep-over that night. They enjoyed the fireworks with us, spent lots of time spoiling our kids, as usual (have I mentioned how IN LOVE my kids are with their grandma and grandpa?!), had some yummy home made ice cream, and then it was off to bed for all of us! The next day was the BIG car show. It is a BIG deal here, hence the reason they never have fireworks on the same day as the show! They had some really great cars and the parade (or "cruise-in") was great as well. Kaiya loved her snow cone the most and it was a perfect distraction for her! And Chris got to take in some of his dream cars. Someday I would love to have one of these puppies sitting in the driveway with a big bow on it...we can dream, right?! Then Chris had the day off on Monday, so we had a nice, relaxing, lazy day together! We went to a BBQ that night at my parents' house to celebrate my sister's bday and enjoyed some great family time. As always, my parents were great hosts -- great food, great company!
So, we have been busy having a great summer! Tomorrow is my sister's actual birthday, so I wanted to tell you, Britt, how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you as my sister and friend. You are a beautifully talented and thoughtful person and such a good mommy to your kids. You deserve a special day and I hope it is one for you! Love you, sis! Happy Birthday!!Loving this time of year and all the exciting things that our family is experiencing together! Hopefully I can keep up with my blog...I'm trying!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Kaiya looks so cute in that little car. I love the fourth!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Felisha said...

Looks like you had fun! Your kids are getting so big!

7:09 PM  
Blogger britt said...

sounds like LOTS of fun! And thank you for the kind words :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger jess said...

Those girls of yours are just so darling!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Well that was a 4th of July that will linger in my heart. Even the car show was quite enjoyable with our favorite people (minus sickbay).

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones