Is it really here?!
I'm scared to even write about summer time because I don't want to jinx anything! But after a few days of really beautiful weather, maybe it is here finally?! Maybe?!
We're learning that when you have a good day, you RUN outside and literally soak up the sun. Last week, I went outside and manually (yes, good old Karli lung capacity) blew up the kids' pool, filled it up with water, only to come back out a few hours later and find it flat on the ground! Apparently winter did not treat our pool kindly! DOH! So, I went and bought another bigger one that will work much better for the next few years and one that mommy can even get in and cool off in! Kaiya could not wait to get in! (Even though it was freezing water!)
She played in the pool for about 3 hours and when it was nap time, she was soooo sad to get out!
Taylor, well, she was not as thrilled about her first pool experience! Apparently this water is not quite as nice as her bath water!
But after some coercing from big sister, she was a trooper and she got in on the fun!
Daddy came home to play for lunch as well, and it reminded me of what a tremendous blessing it is for all of us to have him working just a few miles away! The girls light up the minute they see him come walking in at lunch or after work and he is seriously the BEST father on the planet because when he is home, it is all about his family. Every minute, he is present and active and finding fun things for us to do. He is one special guy! And we are three very, very lucky girls!
Anyway, we are pretty excited for the forecast this week of warm weather! I'm sure the pool and the park and the walks and the homemade strawberry pina colada ice cream will be calling our names every day! Sooooo happy summer is finally here!
We're learning that when you have a good day, you RUN outside and literally soak up the sun. Last week, I went outside and manually (yes, good old Karli lung capacity) blew up the kids' pool, filled it up with water, only to come back out a few hours later and find it flat on the ground! Apparently winter did not treat our pool kindly! DOH! So, I went and bought another bigger one that will work much better for the next few years and one that mommy can even get in and cool off in! Kaiya could not wait to get in! (Even though it was freezing water!)





2 Comments:
I CANNOT believe you could actually blow up that huge pool. Did you nearly pass out? The girls look so cute and excited in their little suits. Won't summmer be fun !!
Lucky girls!!! We have had one day of 80 this year and that is it. It is kinda depressing but my girls are still in school so I guess it is okay until Thursday when they are out.
Post a Comment
<< Home