A double celebration for a man who deserves more!
This is the best week ever! We get to have not one, but TWO celebrations for our most favorite guy on the planet!! First, Father's Day to really the best dad that two girls could ever dream of. And two days later, today (the 22nd) is the birthday celebration for Chris! He is probably thinking he is the lucky one to have these events bundled into one week, but we actually feel like the lucky ones because we are so grateful for the chance to pay some much deserved attention to this man that we love! So bear with me, there is some serious love coming in this post!
I never really considered myself a cheesy, lovey-dovey person. That is, until I met Chris. Truth be told, this guy brings it out of me so naturally. I don't have to try to sugar coat those "mushy" feelings because with him, it is just honesty! I love and adore this man more than I could ever truly gush about! He is a rare, unique, beautiful soul that radiates light. He is just goodness, without trying and without being self-righteous. He is the most honest, most humble, most kind person I've ever known. The kind of person that you just don't believe could really exist without some ulterior motive. But it is just him. He would do anything for anyone and is loyal to what he loves, be it his family, his God, his church, his standards, his conscience.
I have so many favorite things about him. He is a nice guy. Just the kind of person that would be and is friends with anyone and everyone. He makes friends so easily wherever he goes because people just sense that they can trust him, they can joke around freely with him, they can be themselves when they are with him. Now, if that is how his friends feel about him, can you imagine what a gift that is for his WIFE?! I have truly found my best and most honest self with Chris because he lets me be who I am and encourages me to be more.
Chris is funny. Honestly, you can't be with him for 5 minutes before he is making you laugh. I love how he makes his mom laugh. I see her laugh differently with him than with anyone else. He has that special gift with pretty much anyone. And his laugh is so contagious!
I love how he is so strong and protecting of his family. I sometimes tease him because he can be so cautious when it comes to us. But when we are with him, anytime, any place, I feel safe and secure. I know he would do ANYTHING to take care of his family, to protect us, to shelter us. This is wrapping us in his coat on a freezing day, when all he has is short sleeves on himself. This is doing his rounds at night to make sure each door and window is securely locked. This is always making sure that when we are walking anywhere, his family is on the inside of him, furthest away from the cars. This is a big strong hand to help his kids or his wife climb up something so they don't fall. He is our protector and he has never let us down.
I love Chris' calming nature. I am the worrier in our family and I have found my perfect balance. When I am stressed, Chris is the opposite. When I am frustrated, Chris is mellow. When I am running around like a crazy person, Chris knows how to relax me. He always has words of encouragement and never really gets worked up about anything. That does not mean that he is not passionate about things that are important to him. He just has a calming, relaxed, laid-back personality and it is so perfect for me! He never raises his voice, he never loses control, he never even really gets mad about too much and if he is mad, it's hard to tell. What a blessing it is to have that kind of father and leader in our home. Never a heavy hand, never a loud voice.
He is so smart and driven. He has had to overcome a lot of obstacles in his life to get an education, to get anything he has ever had. Most of the jobs he has had in his life, he has been scouted out to get. And when someone hires Chris, there are no regrets. He works so hard, he has a creative mind, he has the drive and determination to succeed, and he puts his heart into being the best he can be. He does not like to let people down and is so reliable.
He is handsome, so easy on the eyes, so talented, athletic, full of energy and life, fun, happy. He is really pretty much everything I could have ever dreamed up in my head and heart, only much, much, much more. Inside and out, I've never met a better person.
Above all else, Chris is incredible husband and father. It was like he was put on this earth to be our guy. I know he was given to me as a gift, one that I could never deserve. There has never been a time he has not been respectful, supportive, loving, encouraging, and there as a husband. He is so charitable and does the nicest things for me daily. He is so thoughtful and sensitive to our needs. And as a father?! Words can't explain. It is in the smiles of two of the happiest little girls. It is in the way they look at him when he's not looking, so anxious to get his attention. It is in the way Kaiya asks for him about a million times a day when he's not home, or the way that Taylor scurries to him the minute she hears the door opening. It is in the way he holds them, so strong, so lovingly. It is in the way he can calm a tantrum or change a diaper, or even match a pretty cute little girls' outfit. It is in the way he cares when either of the girls gets hurt or upset about anything. It is in the way he makes them laugh like nobody else can. He is their hero, their guy, their number one. He's mine too. Three lucky girls, simple as that.
Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday to our special, talented, awesome Chris. Words can't adequately say how much we all love you. Thank you for all that you do for each of us and for brightening people's lives just by being you. Don't feel shy about all this, because it is all TRUE and you deserve it! Hope you have a fantastic week, hon!
I never really considered myself a cheesy, lovey-dovey person. That is, until I met Chris. Truth be told, this guy brings it out of me so naturally. I don't have to try to sugar coat those "mushy" feelings because with him, it is just honesty! I love and adore this man more than I could ever truly gush about! He is a rare, unique, beautiful soul that radiates light. He is just goodness, without trying and without being self-righteous. He is the most honest, most humble, most kind person I've ever known. The kind of person that you just don't believe could really exist without some ulterior motive. But it is just him. He would do anything for anyone and is loyal to what he loves, be it his family, his God, his church, his standards, his conscience.
I have so many favorite things about him. He is a nice guy. Just the kind of person that would be and is friends with anyone and everyone. He makes friends so easily wherever he goes because people just sense that they can trust him, they can joke around freely with him, they can be themselves when they are with him. Now, if that is how his friends feel about him, can you imagine what a gift that is for his WIFE?! I have truly found my best and most honest self with Chris because he lets me be who I am and encourages me to be more.
Chris is funny. Honestly, you can't be with him for 5 minutes before he is making you laugh. I love how he makes his mom laugh. I see her laugh differently with him than with anyone else. He has that special gift with pretty much anyone. And his laugh is so contagious!
I love how he is so strong and protecting of his family. I sometimes tease him because he can be so cautious when it comes to us. But when we are with him, anytime, any place, I feel safe and secure. I know he would do ANYTHING to take care of his family, to protect us, to shelter us. This is wrapping us in his coat on a freezing day, when all he has is short sleeves on himself. This is doing his rounds at night to make sure each door and window is securely locked. This is always making sure that when we are walking anywhere, his family is on the inside of him, furthest away from the cars. This is a big strong hand to help his kids or his wife climb up something so they don't fall. He is our protector and he has never let us down.
I love Chris' calming nature. I am the worrier in our family and I have found my perfect balance. When I am stressed, Chris is the opposite. When I am frustrated, Chris is mellow. When I am running around like a crazy person, Chris knows how to relax me. He always has words of encouragement and never really gets worked up about anything. That does not mean that he is not passionate about things that are important to him. He just has a calming, relaxed, laid-back personality and it is so perfect for me! He never raises his voice, he never loses control, he never even really gets mad about too much and if he is mad, it's hard to tell. What a blessing it is to have that kind of father and leader in our home. Never a heavy hand, never a loud voice.
He is so smart and driven. He has had to overcome a lot of obstacles in his life to get an education, to get anything he has ever had. Most of the jobs he has had in his life, he has been scouted out to get. And when someone hires Chris, there are no regrets. He works so hard, he has a creative mind, he has the drive and determination to succeed, and he puts his heart into being the best he can be. He does not like to let people down and is so reliable.
He is handsome, so easy on the eyes, so talented, athletic, full of energy and life, fun, happy. He is really pretty much everything I could have ever dreamed up in my head and heart, only much, much, much more. Inside and out, I've never met a better person.
Above all else, Chris is incredible husband and father. It was like he was put on this earth to be our guy. I know he was given to me as a gift, one that I could never deserve. There has never been a time he has not been respectful, supportive, loving, encouraging, and there as a husband. He is so charitable and does the nicest things for me daily. He is so thoughtful and sensitive to our needs. And as a father?! Words can't explain. It is in the smiles of two of the happiest little girls. It is in the way they look at him when he's not looking, so anxious to get his attention. It is in the way Kaiya asks for him about a million times a day when he's not home, or the way that Taylor scurries to him the minute she hears the door opening. It is in the way he holds them, so strong, so lovingly. It is in the way he can calm a tantrum or change a diaper, or even match a pretty cute little girls' outfit. It is in the way he cares when either of the girls gets hurt or upset about anything. It is in the way he makes them laugh like nobody else can. He is their hero, their guy, their number one. He's mine too. Three lucky girls, simple as that.
Happy Father's Day and Happy Birthday to our special, talented, awesome Chris. Words can't adequately say how much we all love you. Thank you for all that you do for each of us and for brightening people's lives just by being you. Don't feel shy about all this, because it is all TRUE and you deserve it! Hope you have a fantastic week, hon!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home