Playing catch...up
Ughhh, I kinda hate catch-up posts, but that's just how it goes for me these days. If I have one ounce of energy or desire to blog, I have to jump on it before it quickly fades. I don't have many of those moments lately, that's for sure!
Pregnancy update: About 12 1/2 wks. and not much of a change yet in sickness. It got really bad the last few weeks and I was lucky to go a day without throwing up...a lot. Yeah, this one is pretty much knocking me off my feet! Oh, please, please be almost done!! It kinda feels like the life has been drained out of me. It's hard to find any desire to do a lot when you feel so yucky and I'm really getting sick of being sick. Don't get me wrong, as a woman, I feel those motherly feelings of being willing to do whatever is necessary to grow this little person. But I also kind-of want to feel normal again someday too, get my spark back, ya know? Hopefully we'll be back to functioning soon!
Let's see, it has been hot, yes? So, of course there has been lots of swimming. Two of nephews from California were out here staying with grandma and grandpa so we had lots of play time to the pool with all of the cousins. Can we say MADNESS when all of these kids get together? We were way outnumbered, but it is such a beautiful thing to see all of these kids loving on each other and having so much fun together! Daddy even got to come with us to the pool a few times, which is always the BEST time! And of course there's nothing like just hanging in the backyard splashing in our own little pool with our neighbor friends! It is cute, though, Kaiya has been asking if she can go see Evan and Kyle pretty regularly. I think she was pretty smitten with her Cali cousins!
One day we took all the kids to Temple Square to get a special tour from our Indian sister, Vallar Sundrum. My parents had the treat of working with Vallar while serving their mission in India and formed an incredible bond with this sweet sister. She now serves at Temple Square and so it's a treat for all of us to be able to see her once in awhile! If you are ever there, look for Sister Sundrum and say hi -- she is the sweetest thing you could ever meet! We also took the kids over to the history center and they had a BLAST playing with all the fun stuff there! Too bad we don't live closer -- that would be a great play place for kids in the winter!
These two girls...they love each other. It has been this little tender mercy while I have been so sick that they have developed a real love for playing with each other. They are to the stage where they can really occupy one another and play so well together! It has allowed mommy some very precious moments to lay down on the couch and not lose her lunch. I love these two sweethearts so much and love to see them becoming such good friends! Sure, Kaiya also takes things from Taylor on a regular basis, which makes Taylor cry on a regular basis. But for the most part, it has been really neat to see them just love each other!
Enjoying summer's produce! Ahhh, nothing better! These guys DEVOURED peaches like nobody's business!
And then Chase licked it off of them and got a treat of his own.
And then they had diarrhea as a result! Hope it was worth it! TMI? Well, sorry, I'm just saying, peaches'll do that!
And a highlight for me a few weeks ago was when my dear friend, Jamie, came for her yearly visit! It is always so fun when we get to see her and her kids and spend the day catching up! I think I start talking faster when she's around because I know my time is limited and we always have so much to share! She has the most beautiful girls and is raising them so well! We look forward to the next visit, which is never soon enough!
And finally, about a month ago, we were able to go to my niece, Ame's annual luau. She takes Polynesian dance and is such a beautiful, talented little girl! We enjoyed some yummy Poly grub, snow cones, and beautiful dancing from the islands! Good job, Ame!!
Whew, ok done for awhile! Just bought myself some time before I have to update again :) Gotta go and eat some more saltine crackers!
Pregnancy update: About 12 1/2 wks. and not much of a change yet in sickness. It got really bad the last few weeks and I was lucky to go a day without throwing up...a lot. Yeah, this one is pretty much knocking me off my feet! Oh, please, please be almost done!! It kinda feels like the life has been drained out of me. It's hard to find any desire to do a lot when you feel so yucky and I'm really getting sick of being sick. Don't get me wrong, as a woman, I feel those motherly feelings of being willing to do whatever is necessary to grow this little person. But I also kind-of want to feel normal again someday too, get my spark back, ya know? Hopefully we'll be back to functioning soon!
Let's see, it has been hot, yes? So, of course there has been lots of swimming. Two of nephews from California were out here staying with grandma and grandpa so we had lots of play time to the pool with all of the cousins. Can we say MADNESS when all of these kids get together? We were way outnumbered, but it is such a beautiful thing to see all of these kids loving on each other and having so much fun together! Daddy even got to come with us to the pool a few times, which is always the BEST time! And of course there's nothing like just hanging in the backyard splashing in our own little pool with our neighbor friends! It is cute, though, Kaiya has been asking if she can go see Evan and Kyle pretty regularly. I think she was pretty smitten with her Cali cousins!
And a highlight for me a few weeks ago was when my dear friend, Jamie, came for her yearly visit! It is always so fun when we get to see her and her kids and spend the day catching up! I think I start talking faster when she's around because I know my time is limited and we always have so much to share! She has the most beautiful girls and is raising them so well! We look forward to the next visit, which is never soon enough!





9 Comments:
I know you don't feel well but you still look beautiful! Really not fair! Cute pictures! Glad you posted!
So sorry to hear it went back to bad. Doesn't it make minutes feel like days? Oh man. Yuck.
By the way, if you have not tried downloading or using Windows Live Writer to blog...try it. It makes blogging 1000% easier. It hooks up with blogger, but gives you a better interface to use. Seriously, you can upload as many pictures as you want, so fast!
Hang in there. This too shall pass....someday.
So glad that you are still able to get out and do things even though you feel so sick. Lets all cross our fingers that the sickness leaves real soon!
Don't you totally LOVE summer with the simple fun things you can do (even when you are bordering on sick). Good catch-up blog! The girls look so darn cute.
So sorry- I have been there 4 times! One thing that helped the tiniest bit is I didn't take prenatal vitamins- only folic acid by itself. Also as much as you don't feel like eating you have to stay ahead of the dehydration and FORCE yourself to eat and drink even the tiniest little bit every hour or something. Have you tried any meds?? None ever worked for me but I know Zofran is a life savor for some people. So sorry-
soo sorry you are not feeling well, but thx for taking a few minutes to blog for us! hang in there sis, it will all be worth it!!
Well for as bad as you feel you are amazing to be doing so much, I typically don't move off the couch! looks like you guys have been having an awesome summer! Your family is beautiful!!!
I'm sorry you're so sick! I hope it passes soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy:)
great post charles, hope you get feeling better soon.
the boys had a wonderful time with you guys!!! we are excited to see you guys soon:)
Post a Comment
<< Home