1st Day of Preschool!
Well, it's a big day at the G residence, so I want to make sure and get it documented!
Today our baby girl started Preschool!! Yep, that's right, Kaiya joined the ranks of schoolers!
I may just have an extra case of the pregnancy hormones. Or maybe I'm just a sentimental mom whose never had kids go to school until now. But I came home after dropping her off and bawled! I'm not sure why, but it was kind-of emotional for me to leave her there! I think a lot of it is just not being able to believe that she is old enough to be in preschool. Part of it is missing her like crazy (especially since Taylor takes her morning nap at the same time and this is usually when Kaiya and I get to hang out just the two of us --I'm feeling kind-of lonely!) Part of it is the anxiety of hoping her sensitive little soul is feeling comfortable and secure in this new setting. She cried a little bit when we left and it tugged at my heart and made me want to stay with her. But I know she has to conquer this on her own and she will be so much more confident once she does. But I just want her to have such a wonderful time and not be nervous or scared. I said a big ole' prayer when I got home and the thought came to my mind that everything is ok because her Father is there with her and He knows her better than anyone and will watch over her. That gave me a lot of comfort. See, there are a lot of emotions involved, huh?!
She is going to a preschool that is run by a friend of mine. It's twice a week for 2.5 hours. It is small (only 8-9 kids) which will be perfect for her first year. Most of the kids are from the neighborhood and are in her nursery class, so she's familiar with them. I know she will love it! And I know it will be so good for her self-esteem and to help her learn to function in a group setting among other kids. She needs the social aspect of it to help her get over some of her shyness. I feel really good about all of that. Just sad that it's 5 hours of our week that I don't get to have with her anymore. I know it won't take long for me to start to appreciate that time to get stuff done around here. But right now, I'm just missing her!
Anyway, I really am excited for her to be on this new journey and for all the things she will learn and do! The first step in many, many school years to come for our family!
Today our baby girl started Preschool!! Yep, that's right, Kaiya joined the ranks of schoolers!
She is going to a preschool that is run by a friend of mine. It's twice a week for 2.5 hours. It is small (only 8-9 kids) which will be perfect for her first year. Most of the kids are from the neighborhood and are in her nursery class, so she's familiar with them. I know she will love it! And I know it will be so good for her self-esteem and to help her learn to function in a group setting among other kids. She needs the social aspect of it to help her get over some of her shyness. I feel really good about all of that. Just sad that it's 5 hours of our week that I don't get to have with her anymore. I know it won't take long for me to start to appreciate that time to get stuff done around here. But right now, I'm just missing her!





5 Comments:
This is NOT possible! :) She is so adorable! I hope she has a great preschool experience. :)
Oh, I remember that it was much harder on ME to drop each of you off that "first" day. I can still remember those feelings. She will be FINE and soon love the experience.
it is quite the challenge as a parent to drop the off. I dropped Aly off on her 1st day of 4th grade this year and felt like I was going to pass out.
I can't believe she is old enough to be in preschool, time has flown by so fast, I remember when she was born and just a few short weeks later Ms. Calli was born. Amazing where the journey of life takes you.
that is a BIG day for all of you! exciting though, and it won't take long for you to appreciate those QUIET moments, especially when that baby arrives :)
yeah for Kaiya!!
Preschool was hard on me also and I thought that Kindergarten would be even harder but so far I am doing better. I think that it is because she had the preschool experience I know that she is ready for it.
Post a Comment
<< Home