Nice Weekend





We had a great weekend, which of course went by way too fast! We spend some time up in Provo Canyon, and ran into our little sister, Annie, up there! She was with her boyfriend, Brad, who we really like a lot! Chris is always watching out for his younger siblings, especially the girls, and is pretty picky about who is good enough for them. So, it's saying a lot that he approves of Brad -- he seems like a great guy and we are ecxited for Annie! I just have to say that is has been so much fun marrying into Chris' family because I never got to have any younger siblings. Now I've got 4! It has made me feel really protective of all of them and I get to share in the concern and worry for them with Chris. I just love all my siblings, both from my family and from Chris' side!
Chris and I also went out to celebrate another successful semester ending with Chris' schooling on Friday. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Magleby's, and had a great evening together! We both got to breathe a huge sigh of relief after a very hectic and busy semester! It will be nice to finally have my husband back for a few months! Another one down, only one more to go!!!
We spent Saturday evening BBQ-ing with Chris' brother and his wife -- delish hamburgers! And we also got to spend some time playing with Kaitlyn and Colby -- they just adore Chris and he knows exactly how to keep them laughing!
Sunday after church, we went for a nice walk together and then spent the evening with our friends, the Buhler's, and had a great time with them as well. Come to think of it, their little girl, Kalena, attached herself to Chris the whole night too! It's so funny how kids just love Chris and I love to watch him interact with them! It makes me so excited for when he is a daddy -- he will be amazing!
I love the kinds of weekends where there is not a lot to worry about and the weather is nice enough that you can be outside and just relax! Too bad the weekend is gone and now it's back to work!





4 Comments:
Ahh, the mountains. We miss the mountains. I actually miss so many beautiful things about Utah esp this time of year. And especially Ricardo's lately....hmmmm.
Great pictures! We are so excited to take our kids on some little hikes this year- they are finally both big enough.
Karli,
Will you be updating your blog from China? I bet you are counting down the days until you leave. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Tiffany
Tiff, I hope to be able to update my blog from China, but my mom says that blogsites are a little funny over there -- she's never been able to view mine. So, we'll have to see! And yes, I'm VERY excited (having a hard time being patient actually) and I will surely update the blog either while I'm there or when I get back! I would LOVE to talk to you all about it!
Post a Comment
<< Home