RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Korea?!?!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Korea?!?!

Well, since I have some time, I thought I would update everyone on our EXCITING adventures so far! We had a smooth ride to San Fransisco yesterday, but that's where everything went south! We got in this HUGE long line for about 2 hours only to find out that they had overbooked our flight to China by about 50 people, and since we were near the end of the line, sorry Charlie! No room for us! So, after another 2 hours of about 50 Chinese people yelling and jumping up and down all around us (all in Chinese, by the way), the airline finally got us sorted out. It was quite an experience! I was thinking, ok, I'm still in America, and yet I'm the only one standing here who has no idea what is going on, as everyone was speaking in Chinese! We were so lucky to have met a friend named Ning, in line with us, as he was able to translate everything and help us work with the airline to get everything worked out. He has stayed with us this whole time and he has been so great! Our first friend on our trip! Actually everyone is soooo friendly everywhere we go -- striking up conversations even if they can't speak English too well, and trying to be as helpful as they can. So, anyway, we got bumped to a different flight that wouldn't be leaving until 1:00 a.m. so we had a nice big long wait in San Fran. We got to know that airport really well! After a LONG 12 hour flight (on a really nice airline, thank goodness), we arrived here to Korea (yes, Korea), where we will be waiting another 4 hours to get on another plane which will take us to Beijing. So, in about 5 hours (and about 24 hours longer than it should have taken) we will finally be meeting up with my parents! We are exhausted, and incredibly tired of aiports at this point, but in trying to look at the bright side, at least we can now say that we have been to Korea!! Can't see much of it from the airport, but we've been here! We are getting really anxious (obviously) to finally get to Beijing and to finally meet up with my parents! Now, the next big question will be whether or not our luggage ends up in Beijing with us.....That story is left to be told! We shall see! More updates soon -- hopefully from BEIJING next time!
P.S. This blog was really hard to post since the keyboard I'm typing on keeps switching over to characters!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow- what an adventure. Isn't frustrating that airlines are so unreliable. What a great beginning to your travel story!! Have fun-

7:35 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Keep an eye out for Americans with Chinese babies...I'm dying to hear stories. Oh, and while you're there, if you could find out where my baby is, that would be really great!!! LOL Enjoy your trip!

Tiffany

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

I can't believe that!!!! Wow, those are the times when you feel frustrated, but completely helpless and have to throw your hands up in the air because there is NOTHING you can do!!! ugh. Hope the rest of the trip was GREAT!!! Excited to hear about it!

Jamie

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones