Welcome home, Wes!


I had to include these pictures of Kaitlyn. This is one of our favorite things that Katie does -- we'll say "be scared" and she gives this really scared look, or "be surprised" and she gives her best surprised look. It's soooo cute and too funny!




This past weekend Chris' little brother, Wes, came home from his mission in Hawaii. We are so excited to have him home! The family all went up to the airport Saturday morning to pick him up and then we got to spend most of the day with him as well. We are so proud of him and the great service he performed while in Hawaii! It is so interesting to see how a mission changes a person -- helps them mature and see life differently. I know that happened for me while I was gone and I can see how much Wes' mission influenced his life as well! Welcome home, buddy, and we love you so much!
This weekend we also got the chance to celebrate Mother's Day! We went up to Chris' parents house yesterday to see his mom and let her know how much we love her. Our mom on Chris' side is amazing, and has welcomed me into their family with open arms. She is ALWAYS so kind and considerate of everyone and laughs easy, which I think is a special quality she possesses! We both love her so much and are so grateful for EVERYTHING she does for her family! We missed our mom on my side yesterday, of course, but luckily will have the chance to go to China to wish her a belated Happy Mother's Day TOMORROW!!! I am constantly grateful and aware of what a blessing my mother is in my life. She is not only my mother, but she is a dear friend, especially as I have gotten older. I am so thankful for her wisdom, her example, and the love and support she constantly gives to us. She has always been a source of great strength to me and someone that I have known I could ALWAYS count on. We have missed her so much this year! We look forward to the good quality time we will get to spend with her, not only in China, but also when she returns home in June. I'm so glad we have at least once a year (which is NOT enough) to celebrate our mothers and tell them how much they mean to us. Happy Mother's Day to our moms, but also to all the women who have been such an example of motherhood to me in their own families. I have learned so much from so many special women, and I'm grateful for that. And even though I'm not a mother yet (I consider myself to be "in training"), Chris made me feel so special yesterday and is constantly lifting me up when the whole struggle to have children gets me down. I love him for that.
P.S. Tomorrow at about 3:00, I will be on a plane heading for China!!! We are so excited that our trip is finally here! I probably won't be posting a whole lot while we are gone, but look for a big update in a few weeks!





1 Comments:
Wow- I can't believe you are going to China tomorrow- what a chance in a life time. And you will be a mom someday- you will be awesome too!
Post a Comment
<< Home