RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: First Easter

Monday, March 24, 2008

First Easter

So, how does one celebrate their very first Easter?! Well, Saturday morning, you wake up and are whisked downstairs to find a weird basket thing waiting for you. But apparently you get everything IN the basket, so who cares about the weird basket thing anyway. Then, you head next door where you watch mom and dad enjoy a delicious breakfast of monkey bread, eggs, etc. with their friends while you enjoy a good hearty bottle of formula. Then, you go outside and sit in the grass and play with weird basket thing, though you still have no idea what it actually is (although you won't complain because there were some pretty sweet bath toys and some brightly colored eggs that you loved to suck on and a fun worm that sings to you inside of that basket when you first found it earlier). You watch your friend Ryley run around finding an assortment of pretty eggs during the fun Easter egg hunt,of which she comes over and so kindly shares with you, though once again, you have no idea what to do with them! And you catch a glimpse of your horse on the other side of the fence, desperately wondering how he can get through said fence and get to those eggs.

You ignore mom while she takes 8 million pictures of you, because well, that's just a regular occurance and you're over it by now! All that fun with Ryley makes you real tired, so you come home and have a nice nap and then spend the rest of the day hanging out with mom and dad and going bowling with your aunt Annie and Brad. Who knew Easter would be so fun?!

The next morning, you wake up and come hang out in bed with mom and dad while they tell you a really neat story about Jesus and His beautiful sacrifices for us and the miracle of His resurrection. You don't want to ruin it for mom and dad, but you actually already know all of this stuff and if you could just talk a little bit more clearly, you could tell them a lot more than they are able to tell you about your good Friend. You miss Him a lot, and you realize that it is because of Him that you get to be with your mom and dad forever. That must be why they are always crying when they talk about Him! Daddy gives you a bath, which you love, as usual, and then you get all dressed up in your pretty Easter dress. Once again, you are stuck out on the grass while mom sticks that black flashing thing in your face, but hey, when you look this cute, you can't help but smile! You head out to go see your sweet baby cousin, Ella get her blessing at church, which you pleasantly approve of by blabbering loudly through the whole thing! You sure love your cousin and are pretty excited that you both got your blessings just a few weeks apart. You're pretty sure that you guys are going to be great buddies as you grow up.

Then it's back over to your friend, Ryley's house to enjoy another bottle of formula while mom and dad feast (or shall we say GORGE) themselves on delicious ham, potatoes, asparagus, fruit salad, deviled eggs, and cake with their most special friends, the Shupe's. You wonder how it is that they can consume so much food. It's probably because you don't know what you're missing! You spend the rest of the night, laughing, playing, a little sleeping, and enjoying the company of your friends and family. As you drift off to sleep that night, you think, yeah, that was a pretty good first Easter. At least that's what your mom and dad hope you think!!

21 Comments:

Blogger Eliza2006 said...

She is so cute! Look at her lips...and her eyes! How do you get anything done? You must want to stare at her all day long!

Tiffany

3:37 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love how you did her hair in the first couple of pictures. Your posts are always so enlightening and so well thought out and did I mention, cute, cute, cute!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love those eyelashes! So much fun.

6:29 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

I loved this post! I love your story and the description of your Easter weekend. I especially like the part about how if these little babies could speak, oh, the things they would tell us. I truly believe that. At church, one time, Eric took Emma out into the foyer and he asked who that Man was in the picture on the wall. She said, "Jesus" and I swear, I don't even remember teaching her that. They just know.

Kaiya is so beautiful and I LOVE her cute little "Pebbles" hairdo and her darling outfits. What a great weekend!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

We so loved this weekend... and to be spoiled with so much time with you guys was such a treat! Kaiya looks adorable in her easter dress! Hope we can have more Easter celebrations together!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Soooo cute! When are we hanging out again?

9:42 PM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Ditto, adorable...and that dress is soooo fun!!!

What a fun post Kar!! Loved it!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Elisa said...

I love your comintary. She is such a doll I love her easter dress. I'm still dying over her pony-tail. Don't worry I wont tell Calli. It sounds like you had a great weekend. Arn't hoildays so much more fun with a little one to share it with.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Richelle said...

What a great post. She is soo adorable in that Easter dress!

4:37 AM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

well I think that sounded like the most fun Easter weekend possible. I especially love Kaiya's new hair style! That colorful little Easter dress is too adorable==but not nearly as adorable as the babe who is wearing it. Oh we love you little smiler-girl

5:26 AM  
Blogger britt said...

sounds like you did have some pretty easter festivities. wish we could have seen you guys!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

sounds like you guys had a great easter. you all look so cute, especially that sweet baby girl in her easter dress.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

I know I keep saying this but she is a living doll! I love her little dress. You are such a cute family and I am really going to miss you guys. So glad you had such a fun Easter.


P.S. I have a new blog (just to let you know:) )

10:33 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

You are so good at telling stories! I love how you told about her first Easter! How can she get any cuter! That dress is to die for! Glad you guys had a good time!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Adorable pictures as always!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

A very sweet and tender post, Kar. Thanks for sharing some of those special and intimate parts of your life. Wish I could hug you right now!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ani said...

Kaiya is just so cute! I love those pics in her Easter dress. What a stunning little baby girl.
Happy Easter!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Kaiya gets the award for the cutest Easter dress I've ever seen on a little one! She is a little package of sunshine.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Carlotta said...

I love it. She is just too stinking cute! Elisa and I were talking about the ponytail. LOL Calli might be about 3 before she gets one. =) How true it is that I bet these little ones know so much more then we do about our Savior.

2:10 PM  
Blogger the splendid life of us... said...

Love, love, love this post! And love that cute little piggytail!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Leisha Mareth said...

SOOOO cute! Love her dress!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones