Dear Friends and Family
Oh, I have so much to catch up on with this blog...sigh!
But first, I just want to remember all the wonderful reunions we were able to have last weekend!
First off, one of my oldest friends (I think we have known each other since like 3rd grade or something), Sara, came to Utah for a conference and we were able to spend some GREAT time together! It was seriously such a treat! Chris was so kind and took the day off work so he could stay home with the girls while Sara and I were able to spend the entire day together, just hanging out, talking, catching up, and enjoying each others' company! I haven't had an entire girls day like that in a LONG time! It was heavenly and spent with one of my favorite people in the world! Sara was also able to meet all three of our girls, since the last time we saw each other, neither of us had any kids! We sure missed meeting her little, beautiful Sydney, though! Sara is the kind of person that even though we don't live near each other (she is in Ohio right now), and only see each other every several years or so, when we are together, it's like we haven't missed a beat! The only horrible thing about her coming is that neither of us remembered to take a picture -- LAME! I'm not sure how that happened! Love you, Sara! So happy we could see each other!
Next, my brother, Jason, and his wife, LeAnne, were here for the weekend moving the last of their things to Oregon (which of course, makes us sad)! But that also meant that we got to spend some great time with them while they were here and they were able to be here for Avery's blessing. That meant so much to us! The girls were pretty smitten with Uncle Jason and Kaiya is still asking where he is! Taylor even loves him, even after he accidentally almost took her head off with a tennis ball! And Kaiya had so much fun brushing Aunt LeAnne's hair! And little Avery was so happy with the extra attention! They were kidless this trip and I know our kids missed theirs so much! They have a special love for all those boys and their sweet cousin, Ella! Especially since they used to just live 2 minutes away and now they live like 14 hours away :( We loved having some time to go to dinner with them and my sister and BIL and time to hang out and talk! So happy they were able to be apart of Avery's blessing too! We miss having them live here so much!!
And finally, along with all the other family and friends that made the trip up for Avery's blessing, we were able to see our best friends, the Shupes! It had been soooo long since we had seen each other and I almost died when I saw their kids and how much they have changed! We were able to spend most of the day with them, which was soooo great! The kids were so excited to have friends to play with and they all played so well together! And of course, Ash and I did what we do best -- talked and talked and talked! She is like a sister to me and there is nothing I love more than to just have time together to talk and catch up! And Ry and Chris so enjoyed seeing each other too! When they left, we resolved to NEVER let that much time pass by between our visits again!
I am reminded after being around so many people that we love and miss how fortunate and blessed we are to have such supportive, loving, wonderful friends and family. We really do. It's something that I hope we never take for granted because we treasure our relationships with all of them sooo much!
But first, I just want to remember all the wonderful reunions we were able to have last weekend!
First off, one of my oldest friends (I think we have known each other since like 3rd grade or something), Sara, came to Utah for a conference and we were able to spend some GREAT time together! It was seriously such a treat! Chris was so kind and took the day off work so he could stay home with the girls while Sara and I were able to spend the entire day together, just hanging out, talking, catching up, and enjoying each others' company! I haven't had an entire girls day like that in a LONG time! It was heavenly and spent with one of my favorite people in the world! Sara was also able to meet all three of our girls, since the last time we saw each other, neither of us had any kids! We sure missed meeting her little, beautiful Sydney, though! Sara is the kind of person that even though we don't live near each other (she is in Ohio right now), and only see each other every several years or so, when we are together, it's like we haven't missed a beat! The only horrible thing about her coming is that neither of us remembered to take a picture -- LAME! I'm not sure how that happened! Love you, Sara! So happy we could see each other!
Next, my brother, Jason, and his wife, LeAnne, were here for the weekend moving the last of their things to Oregon (which of course, makes us sad)! But that also meant that we got to spend some great time with them while they were here and they were able to be here for Avery's blessing. That meant so much to us! The girls were pretty smitten with Uncle Jason and Kaiya is still asking where he is! Taylor even loves him, even after he accidentally almost took her head off with a tennis ball! And Kaiya had so much fun brushing Aunt LeAnne's hair! And little Avery was so happy with the extra attention! They were kidless this trip and I know our kids missed theirs so much! They have a special love for all those boys and their sweet cousin, Ella! Especially since they used to just live 2 minutes away and now they live like 14 hours away :( We loved having some time to go to dinner with them and my sister and BIL and time to hang out and talk! So happy they were able to be apart of Avery's blessing too! We miss having them live here so much!!





2 Comments:
Your blessing/family/celebration pictures are so awesome. Got to love the big family get togethers, although sometimes they are crazy they are such a blessing.
Time goes by so quickly and it has been waaay too long since we have met up. I can't believe I have only met Kaiya in person!
Your family looks amazing, so happy to hear of the continued progress and happiness. Miss you!
Ohhh, that picture of Ryley and Kaiya seriously melts me! So wonderful to see you guys, we've been talking about it since we left! Love you!!
Post a Comment
<< Home