RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Jack, oh Jack!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jack, oh Jack!

So, last night we visited our dear old friend, Jack, and as always, he was the BEST host! He always entertains us, serenades us with our FAVORITE music, and gets us on our feet swaying! Have I mentioned that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jack Johnson?! Oh man, I could seriously go to his concerts every day of the year and never get sick of hearing him sing and strum his guitar! We had such a GREAT time last night at his show! It was at an outdoor amphitheater, and was the perfect setting -- under the stars, full moon, and of course lots and lots of Jack! Some things to love and always count on about his shows -- his voice sounds exactly the same as it does on his CD's (so you can tell he hasn't completely manufactured his CD's to death in the studio, which is nice), he plays song after song, after song, with pretty much no breaks in between (he must have played 50 songs last night), he plays music from all of his albums so you get to hear all of your favorites from over the years, he will never be too showy (because it's all about the music with him) and let's be honest, he's not hard to look at either! It's ok, Chris knows of my crush and he approves! Hehe!

I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a concert THAT much -- probably the last time we got together with Jack! It was the perfect anniversary present, so thanks Chris! And, he even played our song, "Better Together" as his last song! I think he was trying to dedicate it to us for our anniversary! Thanks, Jack! AND, he also played a very unheard-of favorite of ours -- "Girl, I Wanna Lay You Down", which was written by his piano player who sings it as a duet with Jack. LOVE it (you can find it on Itunes)! On top of being able to spend a fine evening with Jack, we also got to enjoy the night with Brad and Annie (who love people watching as much as I do). And look who else we found --my brother Jason and his wife, LeAnne! So, good times all around and wonderful company to enjoy it with! Ahhh, but alas, Jack has left and we will have to wait for his next visit to get together again! Until then...sleep through the static!

And thank you sooooo much, Britt, for taking Ya-ya for the night! It helped out so much!

3 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I will have to check out his songs. What a fun night, and an outdoor concert, how fun!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

oooooh, I am so jealous - what a great setting for one of his concerts!!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger NAT said...

Glad you had a good time. My husband is jealous!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones