RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Rain, rain!

Friday, August 08, 2008

Rain, rain!

Yesterday, I fought my motherly urges when Chris opened the door to take Kaiya out to play in the rain. "She'll get wet and cold and you will both be soaking when you come back in and we have to be somewhere in 20 minutes" were my initial thoughts. I'm so glad I fought those urges. And so glad that Kaiya has such a fun and spontaneous dad. Because of this....
They did come back in wet and cold and soaking....and it was a beautiful sight to behold! Thank you, Chris, for all that you teach me and Kaiya about loving life!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Chris sounds awesome, I bet he is the kind of dad who would start a water fight in the kitchen. (or worse, a flour fight) Those are the things that make memories and help keep kids from becoming intense OCD, (like I am, which is why I do not have flour or water fights in my kitchen) Those little memories help kids look at the fun in life and relax enough to enjoy it all. That is so cool of Chris, you two are fantastic parents! We should all be more like that, and play with our kids in the rain!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

It is nice that husbands put the fun back into motherhood. At times I too forget the simple things. Beautiful pictures.

10:58 AM  
Blogger britt said...

I think that is just the dads role, cuz Quinn does so many things that I don't even think about, or like you said my need to have everything just right! I really need to learn to be more spontaneous!! And just live in and enjoy the moments...before they pass!!!!!!!
ps I soo enjoyed our late night, hang out and chat time. We need to do that more often. Maybe not soo late (for Kaiya's sake) next time, huh!?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Richelle said...

Cute! Looks like so much fun. Sometimes you need a little spontaneity.

4:41 PM  
Blogger The Bastian's said...

What a wonderful Dad! Just reminds me how much I love him! He is a wonderful brother too...and husband, and man.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Oh isn't it fun to have these "Firsts" with the bug. She looked quite bedazzled by the whole rain-thing. Love the pics!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Cari said...

What cute pictures! There's not much more fun than a summer storm! Very cute!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones