Busy and fun and fun and busy!
It has been a really fun, but really busy week around here! Chris' brother and family have been visiting from Washington this week, so we have been able to spend lots of time with them, catching up. We used to live right below them while Chris and his brother were in school, so needless to say, we have missed them a TON since they moved! It is always so much fun when they come to visit!
(Here's John, Colby, Beth, and Katie)
Katie and Kaiya have had lots of fun together. Katie is so sweet to her little cousin and Kaiya thinks Katie is pretty dang neat! Katie dances for Kaiya, makes all sorts of faces for her, picks flowers for her, pushes her around the room on her toy, holds her hand, and pets her piggies! I can't get enough of these two together!

John and Beth even brought Chase's new 5-month old cousin, Reese, to play! Reese is a black lab and is so sweet and still so puppy-like. I can hardly remember what it was like when Chase was that small! But these two had so much fun together -- sniffing each other, Reese biting Chase's tail, Chase hogging all the toys from Reese -- you know, typical cousin stuff! Aren't they both such beautiful dogs, though?!
Also, one of my longest and best friends, Jamie, is here visiting from California this week, so we are trying to squeeze in as much time as we can hanging out! We were able to get together with her and my sister and some other really good friends, Katie and Julie. We all grew up together in the same small town in California and have so many funny and special memories together! There's something about being with people who have known you for so long -- you can get together and it's like not a day has passed since you have seen each other! We had a lot of fun laughing at old memories and catching up on how all of our lives have changed so much! It was also really fun to see all the kids (11 between us all) playing together!
(the girls with the littlest ones -- Kar&Kaiya, Katie&Luka, Britt&Ash, Jamie&Peyton)
(Old friends -- Katie, Jamie, Karli, Brittany, and Julie)
Yesterday (the 24th of July), we spent the holiday with Chris' family. For those of you who didn't know the 24th of July was a holiday -- it's a Utah thing. It's a day to celebrate the pioneers' arrival to the Salt Lake Valley, and there are parades and fireworks and of course, a day off from work! Anyway, all of Chris' family were able to make it up to his parents house and we spent the day just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
We had a delicious BBQ and then went and had our own little fireworks show at the park. The kids LOVED it! I was laughing so hard at how excited they were! It was cute! And so good to see everyone!
Katie and Kaiya have had lots of fun together. Katie is so sweet to her little cousin and Kaiya thinks Katie is pretty dang neat! Katie dances for Kaiya, makes all sorts of faces for her, picks flowers for her, pushes her around the room on her toy, holds her hand, and pets her piggies! I can't get enough of these two together!

John and Beth even brought Chase's new 5-month old cousin, Reese, to play! Reese is a black lab and is so sweet and still so puppy-like. I can hardly remember what it was like when Chase was that small! But these two had so much fun together -- sniffing each other, Reese biting Chase's tail, Chase hogging all the toys from Reese -- you know, typical cousin stuff! Aren't they both such beautiful dogs, though?!
Also, one of my longest and best friends, Jamie, is here visiting from California this week, so we are trying to squeeze in as much time as we can hanging out! We were able to get together with her and my sister and some other really good friends, Katie and Julie. We all grew up together in the same small town in California and have so many funny and special memories together! There's something about being with people who have known you for so long -- you can get together and it's like not a day has passed since you have seen each other! We had a lot of fun laughing at old memories and catching up on how all of our lives have changed so much! It was also really fun to see all the kids (11 between us all) playing together!(the girls with the littlest ones -- Kar&Kaiya, Katie&Luka, Britt&Ash, Jamie&Peyton)
(Old friends -- Katie, Jamie, Karli, Brittany, and Julie)
Yesterday (the 24th of July), we spent the holiday with Chris' family. For those of you who didn't know the 24th of July was a holiday -- it's a Utah thing. It's a day to celebrate the pioneers' arrival to the Salt Lake Valley, and there are parades and fireworks and of course, a day off from work! Anyway, all of Chris' family were able to make it up to his parents house and we spent the day just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.
We had a delicious BBQ and then went and had our own little fireworks show at the park. The kids LOVED it! I was laughing so hard at how excited they were! It was cute! And so good to see everyone! (Boys will be boys -- fire, fire! They did give us a great show, though! Chris' little bro, Wes, brother John, and brother-in-law Ryan)
(Chris' cute sister, Whitney and her boys Paxton and Gauge)
(Ooooh, ahhhh!)
(Our little family!)
(Paxton, Chris' sis, Heather -- who is ALWAYS smiling her beautiful smile, and daughter Kirra)
(Chris' adorable sister and mom, Annie and Kathy)
(Chris' cute sister, Whitney and her boys Paxton and Gauge)
(Ooooh, ahhhh!)
(Our little family!)
(Paxton, Chris' sis, Heather -- who is ALWAYS smiling her beautiful smile, and daughter Kirra)
(Chris' adorable sister and mom, Annie and Kathy) 








8 Comments:
What a fun and busy week. My favorite holiday is Pioneer Day! I loved going to the parade in Salt Lake every year, I sure do miss it. It is strange to not do anything for the 24th since it is so huge in Utah.
WOW, you HAVE been busy!!! SO cute Kaiya!!! It is incredible that all of you girls have ALL built such strong friendships with each other and continue them. It really is rare, and SO wonderful! I'm afraid I only keep in touch with Jamie and one of my old friends from growing up. I wonder how much that had to do with you guys all being from a small little town? Stockton is a bit bigger, and we had a lot more to choose from as far as available good (Christian/LDS) friends, so people "bounced around" and didn't always stick with the same group ALL growing up like you guys did. I just think that is so neat how you girls still keep in touch, and have kids similar in age! Way fun Karli!!! And Chris does have beautiful sisters, as well as a beautiful wife! Lucky guy!
It was so fun to see you. That little Kaiya is such a cutie! PS I have one of her binkies here- I need your address so I can mail it.
You did have a busy week. That is great that Chris's family all WANTED to get together and the fun was evident in the pics. I'm glad that all you girls got together when Jaime was in town. Bet that was fun.
Looks like you've been up to lots of fun! I wish I could have spent more time with you on Wed. but it was great to see you for a minute... Hope the rest of your weekend went well.
PS... You look like such a babe with your new do!!! :)
What a fun time! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with good friends and family. Your hair looks like it's getting so long -are you growing it out?
P.S. Emma has that same pink striped outfit that Kaiya had on in the first couple of pictures. Great minds think alike. :)
I had a fun time with you (and Ann and Mom) on Saturday! What will you do with the poem you 'memorized'? It is always nice to see you and Kaiya, Chris, and Chase. We miss living right by you guys. We had a great time. Love you.
Karli, I just left a long comment on Katie's blog about the wrap. I offered to show her the fabrics I have and she can try to find some in her area. If you are interested, and if you find yourself down in these parts sometime, the offer goes to you too. Sometime this week I am going to do an instructive post about the wraps, and put the link on my sidebar as a resource. I am so in love with them, and in love with the price too. (I am so cheap when it comes to buying kids stuff. I'm also a minimalist, and hate tons of kids crap, so I lug around only what I need to and like to keep my hands free) I'm in E Sandy, ask Jamie for my phone number if you are interested and would like to try out the different wraps I have. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home