My BIRTHDAY love!
I need to give some major birthday love to my own very special birthday love! Yep, today is Chris' day, another year come and gone! And another annual chance to squeeze in as many getting old jokes as we possibly can! Hopefully we aren't giving Chris too much of a complex! (But how could you get a complex when you constantly look like you're still 23?!) We have spent the last several days (because Chris always teases that his birthday lasts for about two weeks) having lots of fun celebrating our special guy! On Friday, Ya-ya and I went up to visit daddy at work and took him out for his birthday lunch. Not that it was much different than most weeks because we usually go up and visit him for lunch on a weekly basis! But being his birthday weekend, it was extra special!
That night we took him out for some yummy Mexican food too!
Saturday was such a FUN day for us! We went down to visit some of our most favorite friends and had a delish brunch of Ash's famous monkey bread! Mmmm! Then we all loaded up and headed out to the lake for a day of boating! It was super crowded on the lake, but probably because it was such a beautiful day!
We found a nice spot and hit the water!
Chris even tried out the short rope and did awesome!
It was just so much fun to be out with our friends, enjoying wakeboarding and the beautiful scenery! Couldn't ask for a more perfect day, seriously! It was really fun having all the cute kiddies on the boat as well! Even little Trevor man is bonified boater already -- and adorable as can be! Kaiya had her first boat ride! She was so good, but so tired at the end of the day! I imagine it was a bit hard to sleep in that flotation device she was wearing! She was like a little buoy! (Don't worry, even Trevor has a life vest -- Ash was just in the middle of changing it when I snapped this shot!)
Thanks sooo much, Ry and Ash, for such a fun day!
After coming in from the lake, we all showered up and went out to Ryan's show. It was in a nice park, cool summer night, and of course AMAZING music! (Seriously, I have to put my plug in, you NEED to buy Ryan's new CD -- it's awesome! It's called Last Man Standing and worth every penny! How did we get such a talented AND incredibly nice friend?!) The concert was great and as we drove home, we couldn't stop talking about the fun day we had had!
Chris was well pleased with his bday celebration! Today we are just taking it easy, but have enjoyed a delicious breakfast of strawberry french toast, yummy kabobs for dinner and ice cream birthday cake!
(easiest recipe ever, by the way, and so tasty -- let me know if you want to try it).
That night we took him out for some yummy Mexican food too!Saturday was such a FUN day for us! We went down to visit some of our most favorite friends and had a delish brunch of Ash's famous monkey bread! Mmmm! Then we all loaded up and headed out to the lake for a day of boating! It was super crowded on the lake, but probably because it was such a beautiful day!
We found a nice spot and hit the water!
Chris even tried out the short rope and did awesome!
It was just so much fun to be out with our friends, enjoying wakeboarding and the beautiful scenery! Couldn't ask for a more perfect day, seriously! It was really fun having all the cute kiddies on the boat as well! Even little Trevor man is bonified boater already -- and adorable as can be! Kaiya had her first boat ride! She was so good, but so tired at the end of the day! I imagine it was a bit hard to sleep in that flotation device she was wearing! She was like a little buoy! (Don't worry, even Trevor has a life vest -- Ash was just in the middle of changing it when I snapped this shot!)
Thanks sooo much, Ry and Ash, for such a fun day!
After coming in from the lake, we all showered up and went out to Ryan's show. It was in a nice park, cool summer night, and of course AMAZING music! (Seriously, I have to put my plug in, you NEED to buy Ryan's new CD -- it's awesome! It's called Last Man Standing and worth every penny! How did we get such a talented AND incredibly nice friend?!) The concert was great and as we drove home, we couldn't stop talking about the fun day we had had!
Chris was well pleased with his bday celebration! Today we are just taking it easy, but have enjoyed a delicious breakfast of strawberry french toast, yummy kabobs for dinner and ice cream birthday cake!
(easiest recipe ever, by the way, and so tasty -- let me know if you want to try it).I just have to take a moment to express my love to my honey! I always love when his birthday comes around because there are few things that make me happier than having a special day to shower him with extra love and attention! He so deserves it! I've said it a million times before but this man is so special, so good, so kind, so smart, so talented, and the most amazing husband and father I could have ever dreamed of! He lights up my life with his humor and charm and hotness! And there's not a day that goes by that he doesn't make Kaiya smile her heart out! I feel lucky on a daily basis that I found such a perfect catch for me and that we fall more and more in love as time goes on. Seriously, what a guy! I could sit here for the next 20 hours (plus) listing all of his qualities and all of the things I love about him, but suffice it to say, he ROCKS and I love him so much! Happy Birthday, sweetness! Hope it was a great day for you!! 






10 Comments:
well good that Chris got some serious pampering for his B'day. Best wishes from India Chris!!
We loved Kaiya in her life jacket. She looked like a stuffed sausage. Good moves on the wakeboard Chris. Bet the concert was great!!
It was so great to be able to a part of the birthday celebration... We loved hanging with you guys, as we always do! I forgot all about that yummy ice-cream cake, ohhh I need to get that recipe from you again!
What a fun day!!! You guys know how to celebrate! And Kaiya is so adorable, can she get any cuter? I mean, honestly Karli, SOOOOOOOO cute!!! And that cake, YES, I want the recipe, it looks like a "Jade cake", her BD is coming up this summer, and that cake has every element she loves. :) Thanks for the comment on my art room btw, you know how good it feels to get praise after so much work. :) (I didn't do it for the praise, but you know how fun comments are!) And Happy BD Chris!
Happy Birthday Chris!!! Don't worry, we can always crack a few more "old" jokes about Tucker to make you feel a tiny bit younger :-)
What a fun day!!! sounded more like three days in one! I love boating. And I love that pic of Kaiya in her life jacket!
That cake looks great and I'd love the recipe.
And, I have to say that it's starting to look a tiny bit like you, Chris and your "little girl" instead of your "baby" in these pics. Kaiya is looking so darn cute and so darn old. I mean, of course she is STILL a baby, but you know what I mean. :-)
Happy Birthday Chris! The kids look so cute in their life jackets. I need to check out Ryan's new cd for sure. I've heard such great things about it. It seems that you guys had an awesome day!
Sounds like we were both down in that direction on Saturday, but your day sounds WAY more exciting than ours!
Hope you had a Happy Bday Chris. Sounds like you got pretty spoiled, with SWEETS that is!
I want that recipe. It looks sooo yummy!
What a fun weekend of celebration! And, that cake seriously looks to die for... I would LOVE the recipe! Oh, and I've officially added the CD to my list of things to get next time I go shopping. I can't wait!
Yup, yup. I want that recipe, you tease. Happy B-day Chris-Man. What fun days these days are. Karli, you are gorgeous.
ok, that is the funniest picture of Kaiya in her life jacket! Looks like you had such a great time. Glad you had a happy birthday Chris!
Happy Birthday, Chris! Looks like you guys had a great time. And, uh, I think you need to post that recipe. I'm hungry!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home