RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Where, oh where did the sunshine go?!

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Where, oh where did the sunshine go?!

First off, just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of your kind comments on my last post! You all really gave me a much needed and much appreciated boost! It's nice to know that so many of us can relate to one another's experiences!
Well, since we apparently aren't going to have a summer this year, all I can do is cling to the few warm and sunny days we have had thus far! I forgot I had these pictures from a couple of weeks ago, and ya know, it was nice actually having a day in the sunshine! I created a folder on my computer simply named "Kaiya's first summer" and unfortunately, I haven't been able to put many pictures in it yet! I LOVE this time of year and am hoping that it warms up really soon!! Until then, I'll just have to stare longingly at these nice sunny pictures! Haa!
On this particular weekend, we got to enjoy some family time in the sun. We ventured out to our nephew, Jake's soccer game, where our little man scored the first goal! Wahoo! Kaiya absolutely loved being outside, shades and all! Ok, so she doesn't love the shades so much, but if we distract her long enough to make her forget that they are on, they can stay on for awhile! (This is one of my new favorite pics -- I love how Kaiya is looking at her dad with such a big smile! She absolutely adores Chris!) Kaiya is absolutely fascinated by her sweet cousins and they are so good to her and make her laugh and smile on a regular basis! I'm glad that she will grow up living close to them and will have some great automatic friends! And with all the boys we have in our family, she is likely to be one tough cookie as well! Hoping the warm weather comes back soon to stay!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mugs said...

You have always been able to pull of yellow in the most stunning way! What a CUTE mom you are! I love the pic of Kaiya smiling at Chris, too!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Marc and Megan said...

These photos are so adorable! Our weather has been perfect, so it's hard to remember that it hasn't been as ideal in other places. I was just talking to a friend who went shopping this weekend for a space heater since Utah weather has been so cool... not easy to find in June, apparently. Anyway, I hope the weather warms up soon!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Those sunglasses are the ultimate . Kaiya seems to make everything cute. It looks like good weather--too bad it didn't last. Kar-your hair is getting long. It is so perfectly cute. Are you using the local stylist?

1:06 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love the glasses! I can't get Eddie to wear them either. I hear you on the weather, although you are a bit more north than we are, I hope it hasn't been worse than the rain and overcast we have had here. ugh. But today is looking better, right? I'm still waiting for the HEAT! Come on swimming time!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

fun pics! I know sumer really needs to warm up! Love the suglasses!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Those glasses are so cute on her! I agree with you, though, where is the sun? It's nice finally today, but another few yucky days are to come. I can't take it anymore!

3:21 PM  
Blogger britt said...

looks like some fun in the sun.
Looking at those pics right now I am wishing it was that warm! but it is not even close

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones