RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Ewww, SICK!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Ewww, SICK!

Oh, my poor baby girl. She went from this:To this: in no time flat. Kaiya came down with a doozie of a cold, had to go to the InstaCare clinic one night because we couldn't get her fever down, AND on top of all that, broke two new teeth! All in one week. It has not been a fun week for her, but I think she is finally coming out of it and is feeling more like herself. She still has a lingering cough and runny nose, but it's much better than it has been. And of course, when mom is trying to make Ya-ya better, she is bound to get sick herself. How is it that I can go all winter without being sick at all and then spring comes and our house is full of the yucks? Oh well, we all survived! I tried to get a picture of the new teeth, but 9 month old's aren't really all that interested in showing their new chompers, so this is the best I could get. She now has FOUR all on the bottom (how funny, huh?) and her top gums are looking pretty swollen, so I don't think she's done yet! She sure has been doing A LOT of chewing on things, though! Like pretty much ANYTHING she can get her hands on. For some reason, she especially likes gnawing on my wedding ring while it's on my finger, which makes for a pretty drooled up hand. But if it makes the babe feel better, I'm happy to share! Yesterday was her 9 month mark and she sure is growing up fast! Changing all the time and trying out new things to surprise us with! I love it! Her latest thing, which I have got to get on video, is shaking her head no. It is the cutest, funniest thing ever! She does it a lot when she's supposed to be eating. My dad would say she's just like her mom -- when she doesn't want to do something, she just won't do it! Haa! Are 9 months old's supposed to be getting attitudes to early?! Haaa! What a girl! We just keep falling more in love with her all the time!

12 Comments:

Blogger Allan and Diane said...

oh our precious little bug. She looks a bit miserable but hope she is on the mend, as well as mommie. Love her "well" pic tho. I copied that one to go in our office.

9:55 AM  
Blogger britt said...

Ohh yes, learning no! It's cute at first, but it quickly becomes, um, not so cute! What a cutie pie littel kaiya is. we REALLY need to get together. After this CRAZY week, I will have lots more free time (I hope)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Richelle said...

Poor little sick baby. I don't like it when my little one is not feeling well. Hope you both get better!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm sorry she's been so sick! That's no fun for anyone.

Lucy's doing the shaking head thing too. It is pretty cute.

1:32 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Ava didn't even complain when she got her first tooth. In fact I didn't even know it had come through. We were at her 9 month check up and her doc saw it! What a fun stage you are in. I love when they start learning to do stuff. Ava would clap her hands when I would sing if you happy and you know it and she loved to sing 5 little monkey jumping on the bed. I miss having a chubby little baby around. But, every age does bring it's own ups and downs too. Kaiya is beautiful!

6:47 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Oh, sweet baby girl. I'm sorry that she's been sick. It's no fun. She sure is a cutie, though, and I LOVE the 9-months stage. So cute.

8:04 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

Oh, and I'm sorry that you got sick too. I thought that Mommy's weren't supposed to get sick?! :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Jamie and Family said...

Ha ha ha, I love the head shaking! It's cute and naughty at the same time.

I don't think anything's as stressful as when your kids are sick. And then when YOU get sick on top of it! Ugh. Glad you made it through....

6:02 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

There's nothing worse than having a sick baby! I hope she's doing better. I can't believe how big she's getting!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you are both feeling better soon. The pictures of Kai are adorable. Such a fun age. Hopefully we can see you guys when we are passing through Utah this summer and meet your sweet little one. And be sure to let me know when you find that miracle pill that will magically shrink my belly.:)J/K We love you guys!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

She has the saddest eyes! Cutting teeth is hard. Adelaide is still trying to cut her two year molars. It seems like it never ends!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

There is nothing more heartbreaking than seeing your little one so sick, huh? The few times that Miles has thrown up I felt so sad. You know the love you feel is pretty profound when puke (down your shirt, in your bra, etc.) doesn't bother you one single bit because you just ache for your baby.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones