Music Monday
Well, not a whole lot to blog about today, which is a good thing -- it means that I am finally finding a little normality in my life! Things have died down quite a bit and I am feeling more and more settled in and in a groove again! Whew! Feels nice!
Since I don't have much to talk about, I thought I would revisit the music topic. I know, this is a somewhat recurring theme with me, but seriously, I LOVE to find new music and new artists. When I find some really good music to download, I will usually listen to it to death (which drives Chris a bit crazy:) and I also really love to share. Not that anyone else will necessarily like my taste in music, but I know I am one of those people who just LOVES a good recommendation on music. So, I'll share some of my fun new finds, with the hope that some of you will reciprocate and share what you're listening to these days! SHARE, SHARE!! Here's a few that I am really liking right now:
Secondhand Serenade (if you like Dashboard Confessional, this guy sounds pretty close) -- love the lyrics and love this guys' voice. You have probably heard "Fall For You" but "Vulnerable" is also a goodie.
Duffy -- mmmm, this Brit is pretty groovy (yes, I just said groovy). I am really digging her right now! "Mercy" is one I listen to a LOT! She kinda has an Amy Winehouse feel, but hopefully not so cracked out!
Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova -- I need to see what else I can find by either of these two, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their song "Falling Slowly". Oooh, it is so pretty! This is for sure repeatable many times over!
Angels and Airwaves -- I think I'm a bit behind on this one, but thanks to Annie and Brad for clueing me in. If you like Blink 182, it's actually one of those guys who has started this band. They rock, literally! Lovin "Secret Crowds" and "Do It For Me Now". Oh yeah, and "The Adventure" is good too!
Five Times August -- Well, besides being biased that they have the word August as part of their band name (Kaiya's birth month and my own, as well!), this is a fun group! Try "The Good Life" -- it's a head-bobber/foot-tapper!
Justin Nozuka -- All I've really listened to so far is "After Tonight", but I'm looking forward to checking out more from this guy.
Jason Mraz -- I've always liked a lot of his music because he has such creative lyrics and a different sound. And his new song "I'm Yours" has not disappointed. You must have heard this one, but if not, it's worth checking out! And as a bonus, the song and video remind me of my Hawaii days, hitch-hiking home from the beach!
Tristan Prettyman -- Such a pretty voice to go with a name like that! And I always get a bit jealous when I see a girl who can pick up a guitar and jam! A girl with a guitar just automatically makes them a bit cooler! I gotta learn how to play. Anyway, "Madly" is new and good, but "Beautiful" is older and still good. It doesn't hurt at all that this girl is on Jack Johnson's record label, which again, just automatically makes her that much cooler!
Matt Costa -- Pretty much like most anything this guy does! He is just so unique and I love his voice! "Cold December" and "Sunshine" have always been favorites, but I also really like the newer "Mr. Pitiful".
Ok, ok, I'm done. I could go on, but that's enough for now. Again, won't you please share some of your own musical gems with me? The comment section is a great place for suggestions! Hehe! Rock on!





12 Comments:
Amos Lee (Colors, Arms of a Woman), Ray Lamontagne (Barfly, Trouble, Hold you in My Arms), Coconut Records (West Coast, Nighttiming), She & Him, Club 8 (Jesus, Walk With Me), Jem (Just a Ride, Come on Closer), Mindy Smith (One Moment More), Steel Pulse (Man no Sober, Your House).
Now if that isn't a stellar combo for you, I'm not sure what is. Let me know if you enjoy.
I don't have any suggestions, but I always love the songs that you put on your blog. You have great taste in music!
I must confess you have made me
A Amos Lee and a Jack Johnson FAN I had never heard of them before checking your blog out!! So when i saw this post I thought YAY more music for my pod!!
This is great Kar! I cannot believe you know this many less-known artists!!! You have always had such a great ear for all kinds of music. I LOVE that AKON and Jack Johnson song you told me about. And I also love secondhand serenade. Fun post!
I LOVE this, I would never know about artists like this without a friend doing the research for me! I guess as I have grown older and gotten caught up in life moving forward so fast, (like pre-teen daughter issues! ugh. etc.) I have found myself stuck in a rut of 80's and 90's music, (and some styles). I can see how middle-aged people get stuck like that now. If it wasn't for friends like you and Jamie posting new music on your blogs, I would be a lost cause for sure! THANK YOU!!!
Thanks for the new recommendations. Jack Johnson and A Fine Frenzy are some of my favorite suggestions from you!
I love that "Falling Slowly" song by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. Good stuff.
I really don't have any recommendations. My collection ranges from Angry Chick Music to Yanni. :) Hee hee. I do love Dashboard Confessional, so I'll have to check out that sound-alike you recommended. Thanks!
Oh, I just thought of one: There are a couple of CD's out by "Celtic Woman." Their music is like an Enya/Loreena McKennitt feel. I have two of their albums (can't remember the titles right now), but they're good stuff. Plus, it's still mellow enough to listen to in the car with Emma. Gives me a break from cheesy ABC sing-a-longs. :)
I love secondhand serenade too! I have been listening mostly to them for the past few days. I love there new album! The lyrics are awesome.
Hey, I need your address! My email is: cwollenzien@gmail.com Thanks!
Have you been searching music on myspace? That's where I find the goods. I discovered Five Times August on there and I love him! Secondhand Serenade as well. Angels and Airwaves I also love. Good taste sista. Check out The Rocket Summer. I him as well.
Thanks for sharing!
Here's my favs:
Tyrone Wells, The Shins, A Fine Frenzy, & Kate Walsch.
Blessings!
Amy
I am looking forward to listening to these artists! You are a very well-rounded individual when it comes to the tunes. The stuff I like might be weird is mostly because I get hooked on what my husband listens to. The Arcade Fire is definitely worth a listen (in my book). As well as Cold War Kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home