RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Bring on some serious tears

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bring on some serious tears

While Kaiya has been asleep today, I decided to read up on a blog that my friend, Katie, had mentioned. I had no idea what I was in for. I went to the site, scrolled back several pages (because you have to start from the beginning of the story of this sweet baby and her family) and started to read. The tears were flowing in a matter of seconds. The story of this sweet baby girl and her beautiful family is one of the most incredible, heart-wrenching things I have read in a long time. And beautiful and powerful images to go with it. Here is the link if you want to read their story: www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com But honestly, be prepared to shed some serious tears. I am feeling such a strong pull to pray for this sweet girl and her family and hope many of you will join the many who are already doing so! I am also feeling so much intense gratitude for my sweet pea who is healthy and strong. She's gotten quite a few extra cuddles after reading about how fragile life can be.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

OH MY GOSH! I didn't think I could cry at someone's blog more than I do with yours. These are just different tears, but man! I feel SO grateful my children are healthy, and it's only silly little food allergies we are dealing with right now. Little Gracie is inspiring, and her family is amazing for going through this with such faith. Sure puts things in perspective. Who cares about my tulips, I want to hug my kids and never let them go! Thank you for sharing this link!

2:09 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

First of all...Kaiya is growing way to fast! You do such a good job with the letters you write to her. She's such a doll!

Second... I'm so glad you found Little Gracie's blog inspiring. I'm in awe of this family that I don't even know. I only hope I would have the same faith they have if I were placed in similar circumstances. It has sure made me grateful for the time I have with my kids.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

Karli, Anthony just walked by and wanted to know why I was crying. I've been reading this book called "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" by Chieko Okazaki and I was really moved by her thoughts on the Savior's ability to heal. She talks about the man who carried his son to Jesus in order to have him healed. Chieko says, "He had a little boy who was sick. Do you know how that feels?" And it just made me bawl. The love you have for your little one is unlike anything else in the world. This family is so amazing. Thanks for sharing this with us so I can add my prayers.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mugs said...

When I said "you" I meant "all of us moms"...Well, except it does totally apply to you, personally, as well. Love you Sass.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
this just made me competly heart broken!!
I feel so blessed that Yaya is so healthy and strong. I was so scared about something like this happin to our little angel when i was pergant... or someother cases of her maybe have downs or something like that and the stress of the adpotoin like what if she does have problumes "will they not want her anymore or will they love her less"
it's just something i did stress over and seein what this family is going threw it's so nice to know that no matter what the lord gives us he gives it to the people he knows are strong enough to go threw all of that.....
Wow i just cant express how sad i feel for this family but how happy im at the same time that our little Kaiya is doing great!!
I love you guys!!!!
LOVE Mommy Jessika

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones