Memorial Day full of memories!
You know how you look forward to holidays for weeks? It used to be that I would look forward to them because it meant I had the day off of work. Now, I look forward to them because Chris has the day off of work! So, it was to my dismay this morning that we woke up (after a nice long sleep-in, ahhhh) to pouring rain! DANG! But we decided not to let the cold and wet ruin our day together. So, what did we do? First, we went and had a nice breakfast together.
(Kaiya has started giving kisses! They are always big, open-mouthed, and very slobbery, but oh we cannot get enough of them!)
(Kaiya has started giving kisses! They are always big, open-mouthed, and very slobbery, but oh we cannot get enough of them!) Next, we went exploring since we are still trying to find things to do in our new area. We found the most BEAUTIFUL canyon and lake, just about 15 minutes away from our house. It is kind-of hidden away -- very quiet, but a hidden treasure for sure. I could have stayed there all day and I'm sure we will be making many more visits back to this area in the near future because we saw some great trailheads and other areas that we want to explore more. Unfortunately today, it was too wet to do much of that. But we did go out on the docks on the lake and drove all around, just taking in the gorgeous scenery. My gosh, we are so lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful things! Such evidence of God's hands all around! (Beware, picture overload ahead)
We then went and had a nice dinner with my brother and sister and their families. It's always nice when we can get everyone together. We finished off the day by having a ping pong tournament, which sadly, Chris won. I can admit defeat. But in total selfish pride, I must mention that I DID beat him at our last tournament. However, he killed me tonight. And yet, it was still a blast!I'm not sure who Kaiya was cheering for, but she was really enjoying the competition between mom and dad. Chase was DESPERATE to play with us -- he was running from side to side, following the ball as it bounced back and forth accross the net. He did catch the ball a few times in his mouth, but resisted the urge to break it or chew it, thank goodness. Funny dog!
So, amidst the rain and cold, we were still able to enjoy a wonderful holiday and day off together as a family. I have to mention how beautiful it always is, too, to drive by the cemeteries and see all the flowers and people gathered to visit their loved ones. It always really touches my heart and I feel so grateful for those who have given so much for my freedoms and comforts. It has been a great day.
Happy Memorial Day!!
We then went and had a nice dinner with my brother and sister and their families. It's always nice when we can get everyone together. We finished off the day by having a ping pong tournament, which sadly, Chris won. I can admit defeat. But in total selfish pride, I must mention that I DID beat him at our last tournament. However, he killed me tonight. And yet, it was still a blast!I'm not sure who Kaiya was cheering for, but she was really enjoying the competition between mom and dad. Chase was DESPERATE to play with us -- he was running from side to side, following the ball as it bounced back and forth accross the net. He did catch the ball a few times in his mouth, but resisted the urge to break it or chew it, thank goodness. Funny dog!
So, amidst the rain and cold, we were still able to enjoy a wonderful holiday and day off together as a family. I have to mention how beautiful it always is, too, to drive by the cemeteries and see all the flowers and people gathered to visit their loved ones. It always really touches my heart and I feel so grateful for those who have given so much for my freedoms and comforts. It has been a great day.
Happy Memorial Day!! 




13 Comments:
well you certainly turned a soggy M-Day into a really great day. I loved your pictures of lake and surroundings-good photog. Kar
If Kaiya smiles much bigger her cheeks are going to pop. I yearn for one of her slobbery ones!!
You are an excellent photographer. I am thinking of taking a class at the local community college so that I can learn some cool tricks, that you apparently know. Such beautiful pictures. I hope that you will be able to walk those trails soon, if the weather ever chooses to realize it is summer time. :)
Looks like you guys had a great day! Glad you had so much fun!
We never went up to Ogden yesterday, otherwise we would have for sure come by!! Hopefully soon...
Looks like a fun day! That kid's smiles are so cute! Love all your pictures.
It sounds like the perfect day! It's overcast here today and it makes me want to get out and enjoy the weather before it gets super hot. I love the photos - they're beautiful!
Wow Karli, you always amaze me with your photographs. Two of my good friends want to move to that area and keep telling me how beautiful it is, now I see. It really is a lovely part of Utah. Kaiya cracks me up with those cheeks, your mom is right, they are going to pop if she smiles any bigger. But at the same time, it looks like she could just smile and smile forever. What a cutie!
As always, great pics Kar! And my fav is definitely the one with you and Chris playing ping pong. Hilarious!!
You gotta love those slobbery kisses! What a doll!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I am always amazed at your photography. It makes me want to pick up my camera and practice my photo 101 skills! By the way, your daughter has got the most infectious smile I have ever seen. I can see why you can't get enough of her!
What a great day despite the crappy weather! Will Utah ever get some summer weather? I'm starting to wonder.
Love the pictures you posted. You're quite the photographer.
Kaiya is such a little cutie. I LOVE those kisses from sweet baby girls. They are my favorite part of the day.
Karli, you are a natural with the camera! BEAUTIFUL! And I love, love, love that expression you have on your face for Ping Pong. I think I have several pics of you with that same game-face in my missionary album. I miss you!
What a beautiful area you have to explore! Glad that life is good in your new place.
Post a Comment
<< Home