RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Daddy day

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy day

Well, pops, I tried to send this to you via email, but apparently you guys need to clean out your inbox, because this wouldn't go through because you are too full! So, I am putting it on here to wish you a VERY Happy Father's Day!

Dad, we want you to know how much we truly love you. We have been thinking about you all day long, missing you like crazy, just like we always do (but always a little bit more on holidays like theses). You always have been and continue to be the most incredible father -- full of love, support, wisdom, concern, and making every effort to provide for your family spiritually, physically, and emotionally. You are an example to us in every facet of your life. And now, as you faithfully and eagerly serve your second mission, you once again remind us of what it truly means to be committed to the Lord that you love. And that makes our sacrifice of not having you here with us worth it for sure. Thank you for your constant humor and for the "dad" jokes that you even have Chris telling on a regular basis. We could not love you or appreciate you more and we hope that you feel of that love across these many miles. We hope you have a special day because you deserve the recognition of being an amazing father. We all love you so much! Happy Father's Day, poopie!

And to our sweet Kaiya's daddy, the love of my life, my best friend. Besides the joy that I have felt from being Kaiya's mom, nothing has brought me greater joy than watching Chris become the father that I always knew he would be. Last year at this time, Kaiya was growing in Jessika's stomach and now she is here with her daddy. And I watch Chris and it's like he was born to love her and born to be her father. He is so natural, so comfortable and so just plain good at being a dad. I couldn't do this without him, nor would I ever want to. And I know Kaiya will grow up feeling so lucky, so blessed to have Chris as her #1 man. It's hard for me to express what I feel for Chris, and some things are too close to my heart to attempt doing so. But I love him. I love how he loves me. And today, I especially love and appreciate how he loves his baby girl. It's like nothing I've ever experienced, watching him with her, adoring her, worrying over her, bring protective of her, being so silly to win a giggle and smile from her. There is just something so special, so sacred about it. And I feel so humbly grateful that Heavenly Father has brought Kaiya to us so that Chris could be her daddy. I am thankful beyond measure that I get to be a parent with Chris, standing by his side as we make important decisions and as we share in the abundance of love and adoration we feel for our sweet girl and for each other. I am so in love with Kaiya's daddy, I can't hardly stand it! Chris, I hope your first Father's Day was special and that you know and feel of the love of your two girls each and every day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

You have such a special way of writing down your feelings. There is nothing like a fathers first Father's Day, or a Mothers first Mother's Day. I am glad that your husband was able to experience it.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

There really is something about that first Mother's/Father's day, isn't there? So happy you have each had yours.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Linds said...

You have such a talent for writing. Thank you for so beautifully expressing your feelings. You are incredible.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

thanks for the sweet words and the darling video clip--oh that girl is so lovable!! it was belated by the time we could get it opened, but so appreciated

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones