RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Bear Lake Weekend

Monday, July 21, 2008

Bear Lake Weekend

This last weekend we took a quick trip up to Bear Lake for some boating and a family reunion with my mom's family. It was such a nice little get-away and we had a GREAT time! First off, I have to say that Bear Lake is gorgeous! I mean, the water is to die for -- so blue and clear! The weather was so nice all weekend and we took the opportunity to soak up some rays! We spent a lot of time on the boat, even though the water was horribly choppy and no good for wakeboarding. So, we tubed instead and Chris did some surfing. My little nephew, Jake, is quite the dare devil and got out and boarded in spite of the choppy water! (Much more brave than the rest of us wimps!) He is pretty dang good -- already better than me, which actually doesn't really say much! But he really is good! Oh, to be a kid again and have no fear of smacking the water when you eat it! Haa! On Saturday evening, we got together with my grandma and all of my mom's siblings and some of their family members for a little reunion. It was sooo nice to see everyone there and we had a lot of fun talking and catching up with everyone! I felt sad that my mom missed this little get-together with her family, but I'm sure there will be many more to enjoy in the future! I always feel so grateful for the wonderful family that I get to be apart of and for the many fun memories I have with my cousins and aunts and uncles. They are all such great people. I am especially grateful for my amazing grandma, who in her mid 80's is still so active and spunky! She has always been one of the greatest examples to me in my life and she makes it so evident why I have such an incredible mother! So, it was a great weekend and we were sad that it was such a quick trip! (a blackmail picture someday, huh ry-guy?) (wake-surfing) (fastest way to get babies to sleep -- a rocking boat! cousins Kaiya and Ella) (ryan and daddy) (wake-boarding king, Jakey) (this girl LOVES being out on the water! and so does her mommy!) (let's just say the water is COLD!!) (I can't share what I was saying to Chris because it is not appropriate for adult blog conversation, but let's just say I had him in tears, laughing! Glad I could entertain you, honey!) (my mom's look-alike sister, Linda, and my sweet and amazing grandma!) (my cute aunts, Gerilyn and Darlene)

13 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

So sad we had to miss it, but was glad you guys were there to represent!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I forgot how blue the water is there, I miss it! It looks like you guys had a fun trip. Now I want to go, but I want to go everywhere!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Looks so fun! I want to go up to Bear Lake sooo bad. Hopefully we can find a weekend before the summer's up. Don't you love how babies love boats, it's amazing how soothing it is for them.

2:28 PM  
Blogger tamster17 said...

Hi Karli -- It has been a LONG time! Good to hear from you and check out you & your cute family on your blog! Your little girl is adorable and you look great! I love the whole blog thing -- it lets you stay connected with friends & family so easily and you get a glimpse into people's lives that you haven't seen or talked to in years! Like getting a Christmas card in the middle of July! :-) Glad you guys are doing well and look forward to hearing about what you & your family are all up to on your blogs!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That water is gorgeous! I am so jealous! It looks like you guys are having an awesome summer! Don't you just love water-lakes, pools, water parks etc.! Love it!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Wow, looks awesome! Everywhere I turn around here, it seems like someone is talking about going to Bear Lake, their cabin at Bear Lake, boating at BEAR LAKE, etc. One of these day I need to get over there and see for myself, it seriously sound and looks awesome!!!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

Your aunt does look like your mom. That is amazing. I have never gone to Bear Lake, but after your pictures I think I will have to one of these years. That water is gorgeous. It looks like you had a ton of fun!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Thanks for the great narrative of your fun weekend. I loved all the pics of the lake fun with the boat and tubes, etc. The grandkids all look so cute. Thanks also for the report and pics of the family reunion. I thought alot about the group last weekend and tried not to be homesick.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Grammy said...

Your grandma looks great! She sure is a neat lady. Your aunt looks like your mom. You can tell they are sisters! Sounds like a great little vacation. I love Bear Lake!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so jealous! Bear Lake is so beautiful. I love the white bum and sleepy baby pictures. Isn't going to the lake the greatest?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mugs said...

She did that to me too, Chris. The laughing tears bit.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Sydney said...

What a great weekend with family, Kar! And that water...looks like the caribbean!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger NAT said...

How fun! We were up there the same weekend! I'm glad that you had a good time.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones