Whew, what a week!
Well, after such a busy and very fun week last week, I have been laid out for the last few days with some kind of bug! Ugghhh, I have been more sick this summer than I think I have been the last 5 years of my life combined! What gives?! Anyway, feeling better today and didn't want to forget to post about the wonderful finish to our fun week last week.
On Saturday, we drove down to Chris' parents house for one last get-together before his brother and fam had to take off back home. Chris and his dad and brother had an early tee time to go play golf, which Chris was THRILLED about! He loves golf and he loves it even more when he can go with his dad and brother! Of course no pictures are taken when I'm not around, but from the sound of things when they got back, it was a great time! It is so funny to listen to them tease each other back and forth because there is always friendly competition when it comes to guys and family, right?! After the guys returned, it was the girl's turn to go have some fun! We left all the kiddies at home with their daddy's and off we went to enjoy a day at Gardener's Village. Chris' mom treated Annie, Beth and I to a wonderful day of shopping and a delicious lunch! It was so fun to spend time together, just talking and laughing, and walking around the adorable shops! Chris' mom is about the kindest person on the planet (I can definitely see where Chris gets it from) and she is always making such efforts to bring her family together. I appreciate it more than I could ever tell her! And I just love having extra sisters that I acquired when I married Chris! Beth truly is one of the most genuine, charitable, and thoughtful people I have ever known and I miss having her around to play practical jokes with (can we say pink flamingos and garden gnomes?!) and talk to! Annie is so much like Chris, which is why I think I gravitate to her so much. She is so much fun to be around and laugh with, and she has the biggest heart just like her brother! It was such a fun day to spend with these special girls!
(Annie and Kathy)
The next day after church, we headed to SLC to squeeze in a little more time with my dear friend Jamie and her family! Tucker's (Jamie's hubby) family was nice enough to invite us to have dinner with them, which was delicious, and to play some games. Unfortunately, Jamie and I have a tendency to leave the universe a bit when we get to talking, so we kinda missed the games, but Chris had a lot of fun with Tucker and his family! Of course, Jamie and I talked for hours, which is actually short compared to what we are capable of doing and did in our growing up and college days! I can't really explain the kind of bond I have always felt with Jamie, but I'm sure that most people can relate with special friends that you have. Jamie makes me think so much when I talk to her (because she asks such intuitive and thought-provoking questions) and yet, things that would be impossible to try to verbalize to other people, she just GETS. I love that so much about her and always have! I love the history we share and the myriad of memories that we can always travel back to together! I love watching her be a mom to her incredibly beautiful little girls because she is so mindful of her kids, but also so natural with understanding and knowing them! The only problem with seeing Jamie (and never enough) is that when it's time to say good-bye, it's always the "if-only's" -- if only we lived closer, if only we could have longer visits, etc. etc.! But it was GREAT to spend some time together and Jamie and Tucker, thanks so much for having us over!! We love you guys!!
Now back to recovery mode for me to kick this bug!! YUCK!





8 Comments:
I always get sick through a major summer like what you have had, (i.e. moving, job changes, baby adjustments, visits and vacations, etc.) Sounds like you have had an incredible summer, but you need to give yourself time to rest and regroup, even though they have all been good things, they require extra energy. You body is telling you to get some rest woman! Get better soon, (the summer isn't over yet!)
I don't know what it is about this summer but it is pretty busy for everyone. I could not even imagine going through it sick though. I am so sorry you are under the weather. Hopefully you will feel better soon and you can get back to your lounging at the swimming pool.
I am with you on getting sick so much this summer! I have had strep throat three times. Disgusting!
Kar I'm so sorry you've been sick. RYley's first year, Ry and I were the most sick we've ever been, but I think since then it's really toughened our immune system (knock on wood). I hope you feel better soon.
Don't you love good friends that go way back, there's something so special about those bonds... They've seen you through so much of your life, it's so great! So fun that you and Jamie were able to spend sometime together.
By the way, the countdowns begun...
26 more days!!!
It sounds like you had a great week with Chris's family. It is good that out of town sibblings bring the family together. Jamie looks good--bet you had a nice visit. GET WELL now.
It's so wierd, I was sick for like 3 days too. Luckily no one else around her got it.
I'm sorry that you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better now, though. I'm glad you were able to spend good times with friends and family.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVED every second of it. Thank you so much!!
Post a Comment
<< Home