More celebrating!
Ok, I need to just mention here, I had no intention of having 3 birthday parties for Kaiya. Really. So, sorry for another bday post! Though, as her mother, of course I was happy to oblige her that, and naturally I think she deserves a party every single day! But as it turns out, this little girl got to celebrate her 1st bday 3 times! Lucky!! First, was her celebration with Jess and her family last weekend. Then, our little family enjoyed some celebrating on her actual birthday, of course. Finally, today, we got to have a little party with some of our extended family and good friends. We are so thankful for the family and friends who made the effort (and the long drive for some) to come up and help us enjoy the day! It was a lot of fun and, though Kaiya had no idea what was going on, I am glad that someday she will be able to look back on the pictures from today and see the people who came to show their love and support for her! I think she would say it was a pretty good day! Happy birthday, Kaiya-bear (AGAIN), and thanks again to everyone who was able to make it!
(The birthday girl, waiting for the party to get started)
(Getting some help with the gifts from her cousins)
(Getting some help with the gifts from her cousins)
(An extra treat -- getting some snuggles from little Trevor, and spending time with Ash and Ry. What a cutie this little man is!)
(My first attempt at a cake. Not the best, but it was ok. Thanks to Jamie for some great tips and to my sis-in-law, LeAnne, for the extra help!) 










10 Comments:
Live it up woman! Part-ey as much as you want! I think the cousins probably enjoyed the party more than anyone, and I bet they were the best present-opening-helpers. The cake looks awesome, it looks like a "Jamie-worthy" cake for sure. :) I just made your ice-cream bar cake last night and it's freezing for Jade's family BD party today. (her BD was Sat, this time of year produces the best first-born daughters ;)
Darling cake! Looks like a fun time!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN GIRL--it was fun to see Kaiya and her friends and cousins partying away!! Good job with the cake Kar--very cute.
The cake is really cute!
Happy birthday to Kaiya! That cake is adorable. We have that same bug music set. Our boys still enjoy it and Nataley enjoys eating it!
really quick, the ice-cream cake was a HUGE hit tonight! THANK YOU for sharing the recipe! They all wanted the recipe too, they loved it. Thanks again!
So fun to be there... loved seeing you guys and the sweet little one year old. By the way, you're really not giving yourself enough credit for the cake... It was awesome!
Karli, what a beautiful post below for Kaiya. I wish I could express things like you do, so heartfelt and real. How lucky Kaiya will be to turn to these words when she needs to in her life!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How fun to have three celebrations!!!! She is one big reason to celebrate!!!
AND you did so well on that Cake!! I love i!! I love the colors, and style and the cut out is perfect. You can prob see flaws that we would never see (that's how I always am!)!!! I love love love it!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday!!!! I can't believe it has been a year.
We miss you guys and hope that all is well.
Happy Birthday Kaiya! The cakes looks awesome and by Kaiya's face, it looks like it tasted good too. The parties all look like so much fun.
Post a Comment
<< Home