RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Spring break!!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring break!!

I was so excited for spring break this year, which is kind of funny, since I only have one kid in school and she only goes half day! But I don't know, I was just really anxious to get the whole week with all of my kids around! We tried to plan little fun things to do every day and it ended up being a really fun week!

One of the days, my friend Nancy and I took our kids down to the Discovery museum at the Gateway. Since we had our spring break before most other schools in Utah, it was nice and not too crowded! On our way down, we had quite the adventure when about 2 minutes after we got on the freeway, we spotted a woman who was soooo intoxicated swerving and weaving all over the freeway. Oh yeah, and she was doing about 75 mph, so that was comforting! Anyway, we sort of stayed with her for much of the drive and finally when she hit the back of a semi truck bed and broke her own mirror, we decided it was time to call the police before she hurt herself or someone else. I mean, this woman was so obviously drunk! The police found her, thanks to Nancy's hazard lights and detective work and we found out later that she was arrested for driving drunk! YAY, so glad we got her OFF the roads! I wish I could have given her a piece of my mind. Seriously lady, 10:00 in the morning?! Wow, get a life!

Anyway, we had a great time at the museum, the kids LOVED it. We had lunch at the Gateway and then hit the road to get our tired babes home for naps! Later that night, we joined Nancy and her husband for the Jazz game and had a wonderful time together! We also had another double date later that weekend, which was a blast too! It was so nice to have some good adult time with Chris and good friends!
The girls and I had a lot of park time together too and we were so happy that the weather cooperated all week long! It was gorgeous!! It's always extra fun when Grandma gets to come! She's really good at building castles in the sand! So happy we had such a fun and successful week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones