Fun visitors for a special occassion!
This is way old, but geesh, I'm so far behind on this blog!
Back in March, my dad celebrated his 70th birthday!! What a guy, that's all I can say! 70 years old and you'd never know! What a handsome man! If I get to 70 and can say that I have lived half the life he has lived, I will be thrilled! From years of service in the church, a full and successful career, being an AMAZING father and husband, an incredible leader, seeing almost every continent and many countries of the world, and being the grandpa that all the kids LOVE in our family, I'd say he's had a really great life! I know that WE have all been blessed beyond expression to have this man in our lives and have filled our hearts full of memories and wisdom and desires to be just like him. I'm so lucky to call him dad!
We had several FUN surprises for my dad! My mom worked really hard at planning a little party for him...and keeping it a secret!! And it was a huge success! So many of his friends from the neighborhood, from his missions, and from various places he and my mom have lived came to wish him well on his birthday! I was so happy to see all the people who came to celebrate him! We had delicious pies coming out of our ears and lots of good company!
A few days before the party, we planned to take my dad to dinner, just our immediate family members. I got a phone call from my brother, Jason, in Oregon earlier in the day and he said he was on the road with a couple of my nephews, coming to surprise dad! I zipped my lips and while we were all sitting at the restaurant at dinner, in walks Jay with his boys! It took my mom and dad a second to even realize who they were, they were so surprised! It was GREAT! So, we got to spend a FUN few days hanging out with them too! I soooo love every opportunity I get to spend with family, especially since half of us live out of state now. Our girls miss their cousins so much and they were delighted to spend so much time with them. We could hardly peel them off Zach and Ryan! We went one day to the dinosaur park and then spent another day going to breakfast at Jeremiah's (YUM) and then at a fun center around here. It was a blast!
So, it was a very fun weekend with our family and we are so happy that we got to help my dad celebrate this milestone in his life! Here's to 50 more years, right?!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home