Pretty much the funnest weekend ever!
We had such a FUN weekend last weekend! My mom has a cousin with this incredible house (sleeps some crazy number like 37 people or something!) in Bear Lake and she offered it to our family over the holidays! Well, we could NOT pass up an offer like that! We knew we had to go up there with the Shupe's, so we called and made our plans!
We got up there Friday evening and the kids spent some time just going crazy over the house! They loved exploring and kept calling it their "new house"! I wish! They were seriously so excited! I loved the views! We were pretty high up, so you could look out the windows or from anywhere on the wrap-around deck and see nothing but mountains and the beautiful valley and of course, the lake! It was GORGEOUS! There were two rooms with 3 sets of bunkbeds each, so we knew that would make the perfect slumber party place for all the kiddies! And it was! Let's just say it was a tad bit difficult getting those kids to actually go to sleep, they were having so much fun!! Saturday, the kids were up bright and early and were soooo ready to get outside and play in the snow! It was the perfect set-up because we were in a fairly secluded area, so the kids could literally just walk out the door and be in piles and piles of untouched snow! It was so great! There was also the perfect road just out front for sledding and that was their favorite thing! The kids all had so much fun and played amazingly well together! I was telling Chris that I love that our kids are now making connections and friendships with the Shupe kids and making these memories with each other, just like we adults are. It's no longer just mine and Chris' friends, our kids are all friends too! My girls LOVE their kids, a little extra after this weekend! They were all inseparable!
Later that morning, we got the snow mobile and Chris and Ryan took all the older kids for a couple of hours and gave them all some fun rides! Ash and I stayed home to let the babies nap and of course, got our TALK on! Love that! Then each of us couples took turns going out. Chris and I had a blast! It was seriously so much fun! Then it was home after a long and super fun day for some Mexican food, movies, kids playing, hanging out, and of course, more and more talking! Gotta love those 2:00 a.m. bedtimes because you're just having too much fun!
Sunday, we went to church and then spent the day playing the funnest games (adults only!) while the kids played in the snow some more and ran around having fun together! It was kind-of my version of the perfect day! Lounging, laughing (and laughing-- can we say team name "Pervs", or something like that, depending on how you look at it, right, Ash?!), eating, playing, kids happy, parents happy...what more could you ask for? That night, we cleaned up and said our good-bye's, with a determination to make this an annual trip! And a commitment to some more fun sleep-overs with our friends! It's so nice to not have to get home after only a few hours together!
I will love the memories made from these few days together! The pictures really speak volumes about how much fun we all had and how great it was to see our kids together, having so much fun too! Can't wait till next time!
(I feel bad, I got so few pics of Avery and Gavin and Regan, our little babes! They were inside most of the time or sleeping! But I promise, they were there!)





1 Comments:
How fun! One day I need to take my kids to Bear Lake. It looks gorgeous there.
Post a Comment
<< Home