RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Thanksgiving!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Wonderful holiday, don't ya think? I get so annoyed with how every single store tries to push Christmas in WAY too early and totally neglects this really important day. What other holiday do we have that centers around just pure gratitude? I think we definitely need to work to keep this holiday alive!

We had a really, really great few days. We spent the month doing our annual "thankful jar" and it is always such a great way for us to recognize and remember all that we have been blessed with. I love doing this every year. And the kids are getting so good at it -- and their notes of gratitude are so funny and so sincere! We finished off the jar by going to our favorite Farr's ice cream shop for FHE the other night and reading all of our notes. It was wonderful and I am so grateful for this adorable and sweet family I have and that they are learning to appreciate the small and simple blessings that they have in their lives! It makes my heart feel so happy and so full! 

We got together with my family this year -- had the delicious dinner at mom and dad's house with my sister and her kids and my sweet Grandma Thurgood. She has moved to Layton, so it is a special treat to have her here this year! My mom outdid herself this year (how does she always outdo herself?!? Can it get any better?!) and we had such a grand feast with all the fixins! Britt and I helped with salads and sweet potatoes, but mom was definitely the star! YUM! After we stuffed ourselves silly, my niece, Ame, had us play some fun games and then we just hung out and talked and played and enjoyed our turkey coma's! VERY happy day!
 
The rest of the weekend was spent with daddy being home and nothing could be better than that! Having more of him is something I am ALWAYS grateful for! 

We spent one day at the Treehouse Museum with the kids and their cousins and my sis. Super fun!! The kids even got to perform in a little play -- hilarious, I must say!
(Shame these two little ones could do a better job than the person who sits in the real white house...just saying!)
 And we enjoyed the FUNNEST night out with my parents too! We went out to eat downtown in Salt Lake and then went to Hale Center Theater to enjoy the play, "Oliver"! It was brilliant! Seriously, that place NEVER, EVER disappoints  and we have loved every play we have ever gone to there! Fabulous night!

Great weekend, with so much to be thankful for. Too much to list. But at the top of the list? My Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ and all that They have provided for me. My life is rich in the things that are of greatest value because of Them. And of course, my family, both extended and immediate. I love each person so dang much. Each one brings something unique and special and treasured to my life. My husband and each of my girls. Words can't express what they each mean to me. My church and the values and teachings that it provides. Friends. Tender mercies. My health. Prayer. I have so much and I am sooooo THANKFUL!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I went to the Hale Theater in September and watched 9 to 5 and it was amazing. What a fun Thanksgiving. Love the place you took your kids, looks like fun.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones