RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Better late than never!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Better late than never!

A few weekends ago, Chris and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Oh yeah, and our anniversary was August 9th!! We have had a really crazy few months with moving, etc., and every single time we tried to get our little getaway on the calendar, something would come up! Isn't that just life, right?!

Well, we finally decided to make it happen and I'm soooo glad we did! I was reminded how incredibly important it is to MAKE time with my honey. And truly, it does require making it a priority because there will always, always be something else that needs to get done or something else pulling at your time! But for me, time with Chris is the best time I can spend and I always come home after a date or some time away together, feeling so reconnected to him and so head-over-heels in love with this guy all over again! How did I get so lucky?!

We spent a few days up in Park City and had a blast! The weather was NOT so great, but hey, that's what you get in the fall! And even though it was chilly and a bit wet, it didn't dampen things at all! We got up there early on Friday and were able to get in some good shopping time and we drove around, enjoying how GORGEOUS it is up there this time of year! Then it was time for dinner at Ruth's Chris. Um, hello, need I say more?!? I'm pretty positive that that meal ranks in the top 5 things I have ever put in my mouth!! And believe me, I put A LOT of it in my mouth!! It was so delicious! But even better was my view across the table from Chris! What a handsome, well, downright gorgeous man I've got! (He's going to be so embarrassed that I wrote that! Hehe!) Don't you just love enjoying some time where you get to talk and talk and NOT be interrupted or have food flying? We got so much of that in this weekend and I can't tell you how much I LOVE just talking to Chris. We literally could have gone and sat in our car for the weekend and I would have been thrilled with that. I just love being with HIM! He is truly the most comforting, fun, happy, positive, supportive influence in my life and I would be so lost without him!

The next day we slept in (hallelujah!) and then made our way up to the Olympic park. We had planned to do the zip lines and alpine slides, but dang that rain! They don't run any of those things if they are damp, because the brakes won't work, and let's face it, you kinda want your brakes to work when you're on those types of rides!! But we had a really great time walking around the place -- there is so much to see and do there! We stopped and caught some skiers practicing their jumps into the pool, which was UH-MAZING! Then we watched some more jumping off the REALLY high slopes, which literally made me want to pee my pants just watching them! You can't even begin to understand how fast they are going and how high in the air they get, until you are right there watching it! It was seriously incredible! We rode the lift up to the top and then got invited to go into this glass room at the top of the hill (which was used for family and coaches during the Olympics) to watch the Norwegian ski team practice their jumps! We were literally feet away from where they start their jump so we could see things from their perspective. And again, I was totally stunned! It was beautiful and scary and amazing to watch all at the same time! It was an incredible day, albeit a bit cold and wet! Oh well! We went to the Blue Iguana for lunch, did a little more shopping and then made our way home to our happy and much missed kiddos! It was a very happy reunion to see their bright faces!

And what would we have done without my mom and dad, who watched the kids while we were gone?! I've got such incredible parents, but our kids have even more amazing grandparents. They don't just stay with the kids. They play with them, laugh with them, get into all sorts of fun with them and make every chance with them so memorable and exciting. They are the BEST and we are so grateful!
So, even though like is crazy and never seems to slow down, I am soooo very happy that we were able to take a few days away and slow down and be reminded of how blessed we are to have each other and have an amazing and happy life together. I could not love Chris more. He is a KEEPER, for sure! Thanks for a great weekend, babe! LOVED every second of it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones