Happy Anniversary!
10 YEARS today!! And let me just say...Best. Ten. Years. EVER!!!
Did you know that Chris and I were set up in the summer of 1999, we went out a few times, and though I really enjoyed his company and thought he was the nicest guy ever, the spark just wasn't there for either of us and we went on our way. I left and served my mission in Scotland and Chris worked on growing up a bit -- TOTALLY kidding :) Anyhoo, in the winter of 2001, I happened to go to a volleyball tournament with a friend and spotted a guy who looked familiar and he made my heart race fast with how incredibly handsome he was! I realized it was the Chris I had dated a few years back and shyly checked him out from a distance as he played in the tournament. Little did I know, he also saw me and asked my sister if I was single, etc. When my sister told me she had given him my number, I was THRILLED!
He called. We connected instantly and talked for hours. We went out on our second 1st date and it was perfect and we fell in love fast and hard and by May we were engaged and on this day 10 years ago, I married the man of my dreams! Isn't that a great story? And I will forever be so grateful for second chances because our second chance at dating gave me the greatest gift I've ever been given!
One thing I remember is that after we met and went out a few times, even though we weren't really interested at that time, I thought about Chris from time to time. This was a bit strange because we did not go out very much and I didn't know him that well. He never totally left my mind over the next two years. When he would cross my mind at random times, I had nothing but purely nice feelings about him. I remembered him as being so funny and really the nicest person I had ever gone out with. He was such a gentleman and I liked the way I felt when I was around him. The sparks came later during our second time around, but it only added to the special impression he had made on me earlier. I know the Lord kept him in my heart during those years because He knew this was a man that I could not afford to lose. And then He blessed me with one more chance -- and made sure I didn't screw it up the second time around!
I am so thankful for my life with Chris. He is not perfect (though, he is about as close as a person can get!). Neither am I -- I'm much farther away from that! But he is perfect FOR ME. And that is the truth. He gets me. Completely. And he accepts me for the good and the bad. He is patient. He is so, so kind. He is forgiving and has the gift of charity. And then he has this charming side, and ohhhh how I am a prisoner to that charm! He is so funny. Makes me laugh every single day. He is humble and always aware of how he can help others. He is the most incredible father. Words can't do it justice. He is THE man in our house of girls. Each of us adore him and love to have him close by. He is adventurous, talented, smart, witty, and always mellow and laid back. He balances my tendencies for worrying and stressing by always just knowing that things will work out. Nothing gets him too worked up. I love that about him and I love the feeling he brings to our home of peace and joy. Gosh, I absolutely LOVE this man of mine! I feel lucky every single day and have for the past 10 years.
I am thankful for every moment of laughter he has created and shared with me, every smile he has put on my face (and those have been countless). I am grateful for his patient and gentle way of being there when I need to vent or cry or just be in his arms to feel secure. I am thankful for the 10 years (which feels like a lifetime worth) of experiences that we have shared together. Our joys have been multiplied and our trials divided and heavy loads shared -- although I will say, Chris is much stronger at carrying those heavy loads! I am thankful for the children that we have been blessed to bring to our family, the children that we raise together, that we worry and laugh at together, the children that we love more than any two people ever could! I am thankful for every adventure we have lived together. It is such an amazing thing to think about how completely and totally connected and intertwined our lives are. We are no longer two people, just ONE complete couple, and I love that he is the person I am bonded and sealed to for eternity.
Chris, I love you. So very much. I don't know how else to say it. You
are my best friend in the world and the most amazing person I have ever
known. 10 years is NOTHING compared to what we have ahead in life. I
can't wait to hold your hand through it all! Happy Anniversary, you hot
tamale!







2 Comments:
What a sweet story! Happy 10 years!!!
Love you two!!! Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment
<< Home