RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Happenings!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happenings!

I'm not doing a great job keeping up on my blog, but hey, it's summer-time and that's all the excuse I need! But I will do some quick catching up!

 This post, unlike the last one, will be pretty picture-less (except for a few pictures from my phone), which is really unusual for me! But for good reason. So, literally like 2 days after my last post about wanting to capture all the little moments in life, my camera broke! I was more than a little devastated. I'm not one who has a lot of big, expensive toys. I actually hate spending tons of money on anything, especially if it's for myself. That's why, when I saw that huge crack on my screen, my heart just stopped. I actually cried (should I be admitting that?!). Not because I'm so attached to material things, but because for me, that is the ONE thing that I possess that I cherish. Truthfully, it was about time. My camera was 8 years old! That's crazy in today's technology driven world. But it was so trusty and I loved it! And there is no way to even begin counting the amount of memories that thing had captured for our family. Did I mention, I take a LOT of pictures?! So, yeah, anyway, it was a sad, sad moment for me! I don't even know how or when it happened. I know I checked it before we left the house and it was working fine, and two hours later, at the local Summerfest we had downtown, while trying to take pictures of the kids eating their snow cones, a huge crack had appeared and I could no longer view my pictures. (I could still take shots, but could not see what I was shooting.)
 All I could see was a huge crack. I immediately took it in to the camera shop and after inspecting it, he told me that it would cost almost as much to fix as a newer, updated camera. I was shocked and sick! So, after my many tears, my sweet, sweet husband, knowing this was my only prized possession and knowing how much being able to take pictures means to me, convinced me that we had to get another one. After all, he said, this was not something that would not get much use! So, he ordered me a newer version of my camera and yesterday, it arrived! Wow, I guess my old camera was a little bit outdated, because this one, well, it is NICE! And I am in love all over again! I couldn't get the battery charged fast enough before I was following everyone and everything around, snapping pictures again! It felt so good and I am relieved that I will be able to get back to catching those precious moments! Long story, I know, but that's how much my camera means to me! It was like losing a member of the family :) It's not so much the actual camera, just what it does, that I NEED! So happy! And so thankful for my amazing guy who didn't think twice about the unexpected expense and did something that he knew would make me so relieved and happy!

Speaking of that amazing guy, we got to celebrate his birthday last week! I missed blogging about it, so I'll do it now! Now, Chris wasn't too thrilled about having another birthday, but we were excited to spoil our guy! The girls got so into it and it was so cute! They adore their "daddy-boy"...and so do I! We decorated the house up nice with balloons and signs and pictures and made him home-made cards. We were able to drive out and take him to lunch and see his new place of employment and surprise him with huge, yummy cupcakes and treats! When he got home from work, we spent the evening playing together and opening presents! The next day he went to play golf and then his sister, Annie and her husband Brad, came up and surprised Chris and we went on a date with them! It was a blast and we always love every second we get to spend with them! We came home and had this cake (mmmmm!!!) and homemade pina colada ice cream. It was a pretty successful birthday, I hope! I just have to say how much I love this guy of mine. I really, really do. He is such an example to me of selflessness and charity and kindness. He's just such a nice guy who is thoughtful and aware of other people's needs, most especially his family's. He is so charming and so funny and there is not a person who meets him who doesn't love to be around him. He makes friends effortlessly because he is such a good friend to others! He's so talented and so driven. He is passionate about taking care of and protecting his girls and it makes us feel so loved and special. He never runs out of time or attention for each of us and makes every effort to give every ounce of himself for us. He comes home after a long day of work and is ready to play and laugh and be there for his family! I love that and love the bond he has with each of his kids because of that. He is so faithful and such an amazing leader in our home. He is so unwavering in his convictions and His love and devotion to his Heavenly Father. In EVERY way, our family benefits incalculably from having this guy in our lives! He is the most amazing husband and rivals that with the kind of father he is. I love him more than I could ever express. He is my best friend, the person that I would choose to spend every second with if given the choice, the person who makes me happier than any other person ever could. I will never be able to say enough prayers to thank Heavenly Father for allowing me to be at his side, to share my life with him. I LOVE YOU, Chris! Happy Birthday (last week)!
 (these three beauties are now sitting on his desk at work!)
Other than that, we have been keeping BUSY this summer! I feel like it is flying by and I don't like that! Kaiya and Taylor started tumbling in May and it has been going GREAT! They both really like it! Kaiya has taken very naturally to it and is already doing things that I am so impressed with! Taylor is a little bit too young, I think. She has so much fun, but does not have much of an attention span for it yet! Plus, their class is made up of 3-6 year olds (which I do not like), and she is the only 3 year old, so they are doing things that she really can't do just yet. But she tries and she likes it, so I guess that's good! It has been really fun, albeit a little hectic, to go and watch them enjoy it! Avery is my partner in crime, and even though she is at that age where she does NOT want to sit still, but instead wants to get into everything that she shouldn't, we have a lot of fun together on the sidelines! I'm glad to have her company! 
 The girls are also in swim lessons right now -- ending on Friday. It has been a really good two weeks and I have been soooo impressed with the place they are at. It is at the high school, I purposely took them there because it is an indoor pool, just in case we had any weather issues. And it is run by the high school kids and they have been soooo fantastic! I have loved the girls' teacher! She is GREAT! They are in the same class and there are only 2 other kids, so they get plenty of time and attention. The first day we showed up, I laughed so hard because they literally put the kids in this coral, that sits in the water, like they are in a cage. I thought it was a bit strange, but soon realized how PERFECT it was! It keeps the kids paying attention, gives them not much room to mess around or get hurt, and yet they can still splash and play. And when it is each child's turn, the teacher comes and gets them out individually, spends her time with them, and then puts them back in and gets the next child out. It is genius!! Anyway, the girls have done amazing and have learned so much in such a short time! I am mostly just so impressed at how totally comfortable they both are in the water and how much they love being there! Little fish! I have loved watching them so much, though I will be happy when we don't have somewhere to be every single day!
(I was finally able to get some pics today once my camera arrived!)
And just a little note: THREE WEEKS from today, my parents are coming home from their mission!! HOORAY!! Not that anyone is counting down, but I'm totally counting down! We are soooo excited! The girls have even started saying prayers about Grandma and Grandpa coming home really soon to play with them! It can't get here soon enough!

Such great and happy things happening in our lives right now! I'm grateful for all that I have and for this family that brings me such total joy and happiness! I am trying so hard to not take anything for granted in my life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Well what a fun catch up with your summer fun. Yikes...what's with your camera. I think you dropped it and won't tell!! Love the swim pics and the neat D-A-D pics of the girls. Clever idea. We will agree that Chris is one-of-a-kind. Copied your yummy cake recipe.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

When my camera died I cried also. I love taking pictures and take the camera with me everywhere. I never buy big things either but I was determined to get myself a better camera and I love it! I got the Canon T3 and it is amazing. I need to learn all of the fun thing about it, but until then, I am taking some pretty fun pictures. Love your pictures! I am excited for you that your parents are coming home!!! So fun!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones