RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Perfect Day!

Monday, May 21, 2012

Perfect Day!

We had really the most near perfect day ever on Saturday! We decided to take the kids to the zoo for Taylor's birthday -- the "BIG" zoo, as they called it, since our "zoo" here is pretty petite! 

It ended up just being such an awesome day! The weather was perfect -- sunny, but not hot, and breezy! And I'm not really sure what it was, but we were all just so happy and the girls were sooooo good and so excited about being there! Nothing makes me happier! As a mom, you don't always get that result when you try and plan fun things! But the girls had a blast and so did Chris and I! I kept telling him how successful I felt the day was going and he couldn't agree more! It sounds so cheesy, but I literally felt such happiness -- it was like we were breathing it out of the air! We literally ran from exhibit to exhibit and even the crowds of people couldn't dampen the mood! I love days like this where it feels like nothing could go wrong...and nothing did! 
  (I'm sorry, I just had to include this one! She was obsessed with the gorilla's "uh-hem's" and would not stop touching them! HA!)
 Mostly, I was just super happy that it was such a great and fun day for Taylor! She was loving every minute of it and skipping around the whole day!

 When we got home, the girls were all tuckered out so everyone went down for naps. Worked out perfect for Chris and I because we had a trampoline to assemble to surprise the girls with! We were able to get it done really fast and by the time they woke up, we were ready to give them the surprise! Taylor literally had just woken up 10 seconds earlier and was still in a daze, but when she finally figured out what was going on, she was squealing and jumping with excitement! It was so cute! And the best part?! I haven't seen my kids for the past 3 days because they have been living on that thing! From the minute they wake up until bedtime, all they want to do is jump! And the neighborhood kids are having fun too -- it's fun to have everyone over and playing together! 
  (Chase was going absolutely bonkers watching us jump -- I think he was desperate to join the fun!)
 At the end of the a really fun day, we let Taylor pick what she wanted for dinner (a quesadilla from Cafe Rio -- not very exciting, but it was her choice!) and ice cream! She's so easy to please! Of course, this was after we had all eaten about 20 cake pops all day long -- again, Taylor's choice instead of a cake, which I was thrilled with, since I don't love fussing over cakes! 
Such a great day! I love the memories we have from days like this and love that we were all together, celebrating Taylor's special day with her! Nothing makes me happier, truly, than being together with my family! Sometimes it's not always so successful, and that's ok too. But when these kinds of GREAT days happen, it's magical and I love it!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Wow...is about all I can say. I loved all the pictures where happiness is oozing from every face. It looks like it was a perfect day for everyone...low key and personal. Can't wait to jump on the tramp with the kids. Are grandma's allowed?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones