RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: A little vacation -- was that what it was?!

Friday, March 23, 2012

A little vacation -- was that what it was?!

Last week, we went for a little get-away for a few days down south to some warmer weather! It was a nice little vacation, although there were moments where I was questioning whether I personally could really refer to it as a vacation! Oh well, either way, it was a vacation for the KIDS, so I guess that's all that matters!

Chris had a conference down in Las Vegas, so I thought, let's drive down with him and have some fun! First thing I learned VERY quickly, is that Las Vegas (especially when you are staying on the Strip) and kids don't really go hand in hand! I was so overly aware of all the YUCK that is found everywhere on the Strip, that most of the time we were there, I couldn't wait to get OFF the Strip! We stayed in a really nice, really large hotel room, which made for great accommodations for sleeping and playing and hanging out when we were in our room. Our girls loved sharing their own big bed, sitting at the big desk and having "meetings", and taking baths in the big tub! Mom had to ignore her constant thoughts about everything that MIGHT be sharing the bed and the floors and the bath tub with these little girls! But they really had a blast at the hotel! Chris was MIA for most of the time because he was tied up with his conference, so we were left to fend for ourselves! We missed him! I definitely missed him! It was a lot of work, trying to keep ourselves busy in an unfamiliar place! We hit up a really fun park one day and had a nice picnic (after I drove around for about an hour trying to find a park!)
The other days, we spent in St. George. We went and met up with Jessika and Dalton one day and had a BLAST! We went to the park with them and then they took us to the funnest indoor pool! (Have you ever been to the community pool in Washington?!) It had sooooo much for the little kids to do! And the best part for me was that there were three adults for the three kids so I had lots of help and the girls had lots of people to play with them and take them down the slides! We swam and played for hours and the girls were so completely wiped out, I could hardly wake them up when it was time to get out of the car back in Vegas! I learned that Kaiya is not as timid as she once was (she went down ALL the slides, even the HUGE one with Jess and Dalton) and is definitely ready for swim lessons this year. She did soooo well! I learned that Taylor will also try anything, even though she has had a fear of slides for the past year or so! She was so brave and conquered her fears and had a blast! And I learned that Avery has NO fear of water and must be watched every second because she thinks she can swim and has no care about dunking under or falling down and drinking a gallon of the water! She was such a little fish! It was the best day and we were so happy to spend time with Jess and Dalton! They were great hosts as always! (I need to get pictures from Jessika, because I forgot my camera, dang!)

On our last day (Chris was finished with his conference and able to join us), we met up with the Shupe's since they were also down south for a show and spent the day with them! What a treat! We have been able to see so much more of them lately and it has been soooo great! We had a good lunch and then took the kids to the temple to ride around on their scooters and enjoy a nice walk together. It was so warm and so peaceful and such a nice day! We love every single second we get to spend with these guys! Our girls love their kids and had a blast too! Then it was time to head back home!
It was a really nice little get-away. It was nice to have time to spend with Chris, having a good chance to talk and hang out during our drive. It was such beautiful weather, it made me soooo excited for spring and summer! And the girls had soooo much fun, which is exactly what I hoped for. I knew it would not be much of a "vacation" for me, and it was a lot of work without Chris' help. But well worth it and I'm so glad we were able to join Chris for this trip down south!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones