RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: 11 months and counting!

Friday, January 13, 2012

11 months and counting!

Good gracious, in less than a month, this little chicky will be ONE YEAR OLD!!
Anyway, before that happens, she turned 11 months old a few days ago, so I'll give a few updates before the big day comes in a few weeks!

Still happy as can be. I hope this NEVER changes! I don't know how I would survive without the permanent grin she gives out so freely every single day! I'm an addict for it!
She has 7 teeth -- 4 on bottom, 3 on top.

HATES, HATES, HATES having anything in her hair. The second I put any kind of headband on, she is ripping it off, or pulling it down to suck on it. I've given up!

She is the busiest busy body! She is in constant motion! She doesn't have a lot of time for cuddling, which makes me sad, but I love watching her curious excitement for anything she can get her hands on! It sure keeps me on my toes, especially when her sisters seem to drop everything on the floor!
She crawls at turbo speed these days and is VERY quick to get into everything! But her favorite thing is to walk around, holding onto furniture, legs, whatever she can balance on. She has gotten really good at getting around that way, as long as she has something to hold on to. She has started taking steps while holding on to one of our fingers, so maybe she'll be walking soon? She also can stand on her own for a few seconds at a time. Loves to crawl in and through the legs of our dining chairs, but hates when she gets herself stuck!
She is sleeping wonderfully through the night, but is trying to give up her morning nap. She'll still take one, but it usually takes her 20-30 minutes to go to sleep. Afternoon naps are much better.

Loves her sisters so much and follows them around everywhere!

Is getting a bit pickier about food. She'll eat most things, but doesn't seem to care too much for bananas or peaches. She has discovered the joy of throwing every piece of food off of her tray and onto the floor. Maybe she really does like bananas, but she likes watching them hit the floor more! Whenever we say, "no, no, no" to her little antics, she just laughs!

Is too busy to ever get her diaper changed. We practically have to pin her down or she is doing everything in her power to squirm away! It drives me crazy!!

Is growing some really pretty auburn curls -- mullet-style of course! It's all in the back!

Is BY FAR the chunkiest baby we've had! She is so rolly and squishy and I am in love with it! Her thighs are rolliest of all, but her cheeks are a close second! Can't get enough of all that kissable chub!!

She has a sparkle and a joy about her that is contagious and special. I am so grateful for the JOY she brings to my days. She has no idea how much I need that from her and how much it brightens my life! What a blessing!

We are so in love with our Avie-girl and look forward to celebrating her first year really soon! For now, happy 11 months, Boo-boo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janessa Couch said...

I love hear beautiful auburn hair. She is such a cute baby and I love how happy she is for you. Calvin is doing a lot of the same things that you wrote, he is just a little behind since he is almost thirteen months. He is not walking when you hold his hands though, but it will soon come.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones