RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Sweetest. Thing. Ever!

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Sweetest. Thing. Ever!

I gotta remember this one -- soooo precious!

Kaiya and Taylor fight like nobody's business. No doubt about that! Sometimes I feel exhausted from being the referee all day!

But, thank goodness, they also love each more than anything else. If they can be together, they are. They are partners in crime and do EVERYTHING together. There is a total sweetness about hearing them, lost in their own world, playing and conversing with each other. It nearly brings me to tears sometimes how sweet they are to each other. Totally unscripted. Totally unprompted. Just them being best friends.

The other night, Chris decided to do some nail-cutting (the girls needed it pretty bad). Taylor was in no mood and was fighting it. So, Kaiya sat down next to Taylor (who was sitting in Chris' lap), reached over and grabbed her hand and started saying, "It's ok, Taylor. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I'll hold your hand." Those were her actual words. I mean, seriously, as a mom, I LIVE for those moments. It was honestly the most precious, sweet thing ever. And she did. She sat there and never let go of Taylor's hand and Taylor was as calm as could be.
There is such a connection between them that goes beyond what we can see. It is spirit to spirit and it is so sweet. They stand up for each other (even to Chris and I when the other is in trouble!), they look out for each other, they laugh so much together, they get excited to be around one another, they speak kindly to each other (well, most of the time), they hug and say sorry so easily to each other. I'm so grateful I get to see this on a regular basis and for how it warms my soul!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

5:07 AM  
Blogger britt said...

how precious!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones