RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Halloween treats

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween treats

These girls were our Halloween treats, that's for sure! Gosh, I could seriously just eat them up!

We had a really, really fun Halloween this year. We went to the annual "Pumpkin Walk" in our town, which is always really cool and the girls love it! My camera battery died about 5 minutes into it, so that was a HUGE bummer. But still a very fun day!
Kaiya got to wear her costume to preschool and have a fun Halloween party last week. Tay was really sad about that, so she dressed up too and wore her costume around the house. It satisfied her just fine! We made witch cupcakes that turned out pretty elementary, but I never claimed to be the Cake Master, that's for sure! The girls had fun helping with them and eating them and thought they looked pretty cool, and that's all I care about! They are so easy to please!And finally Halloween came! After hearing them ask every day if it was Halloween, I was READY for the day to get here! We enjoyed our Halloween chili dinner to get us all nice and full and warm for the night! The girls were so giddy as they were getting dressed up and were not very cooperative for me to take pictures because they were soooo antsy to get to the trick-or-treating! Kaiya was a ballerina princess and the younger girls were ladybugs. They literally ran from house to house! I think it was the first year that Kaiya really understood what was happening! So. Much. Candy! Every time she would get a piece, she would run up to us and show us what she got. Every house. It was pretty cute! And Taylor tried to grab handfuls at every door. We had to quickly teach her about just taking one! Avery joined us in the stroller for the first hour or so and then had enough and rode along with Chris in the nice warm car. Taylor lasted about as long and then was tuckered out from walking, so I pushed her the rest of the night in the stroller. It was cute, every door Kaiya would ask for an extra piece of candy for her sister, since Taylor was no longer trick-or-treating. She filled up Taylor's bucket really nicely! It was cute. We joined up with some friends from our neighborhood and Kaiya had a BLAST running around with their little boy from door to door! It was such a FUN night and the kids are loaded for about 2 more years with candy. Mom will have to find ways to share some of this candy with others! I'm glad this holiday is over. It's fun, but I'm definitely ready to move on! Happy Halloween for another year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

O.K., I could have eaten up those little munchkins....so darn cute. Avery looks like she was "stuffed" into that costume!! Tay-Tay was hilarious as usual--perfect one for her. And beautiful Miss Kaiya in her ballerina finery. You always make these occasions so special. Thanks for all the pictures.

1:19 PM  
Blogger britt said...

their costumes are soo stinkin' cute!! Very fitting for each one of them. Great job momma!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Is your baby really old enough to stand?!? Why do babies grow so fast?? Your girls are SO pretty - I love how each one looks like their own person and how their personalities just show on their faces...SO cute! I am going to get out my calendar and we are going to set a play date for a random weekday before the year ends...how does that sound? We can meet at the Treehouse Museum (I've always wanted to take my girls there)?

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones