RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Can't forget the Tay Jayne

Friday, September 30, 2011

Can't forget the Tay Jayne

Yeah, as if I could ever forget to do an update on this girl! Since we've shared some recent stuff on Kai and Avie, naturally it's Tay's turn, and trust me, it's never hard to come up with stuff to write about this one! Ohhh our house is so full and spilling over with the sunshine that is Taylor! There is a song that has ALWAYS reminded me of Tay every time I hear it. It's called "Bright As Yellow" by Innocence Mission. I've loved the song for years, but it took on new meaning and life when Tay Tay was born. It reminds me so much of her, her personality, her brightness, her love of life. To quote a line, "And you live your life with your arms stretched out, eye to eye when speaking. Enter rooms with great joy shouts, happy to be meeting. And bright, bright, bright as yellow, warm as yellow." That's Tay. BRIGHT! Some of the things I am loving about Tay right now. She is in a phase...well erase that. I am in a phase right now where I cannot get enough of Taylor's loves. She is so cuddly, so squishy and snuggly! I chase her down and scoop her up probably 200 times a day, just to smooch on those chubby, kissable, rosy cheeks. I love it when she reaches out and wants to be held or climbs up to sit in my lap.
I love it when she takes my face into her hands and squishes her nose up against mine and laughs. I love to feel her arms wrapped around my neck in her tight squeeze. I love her monkey legs that hang on when she's happy to be carried around. I love that she gives kisses with her bottom lip stretched out over her top lip. I just can't get enough of her!I love Taylor's wild, untamed, wavy curls. Perfectly coiffed hair just would never suit this infectious free spirit! Her hair is so golden and beautifully messy! I love to run my fingers through it, or blow the locks out her eyes when she is concentrated on something else. I love how it bounces when she runs. Kind of like her whole personality. Bubbly. Bouncy. Golden.

I love Taylor's trademark tip-toeing. Still walking, running, dancing on those toes. I love her twirling dance moves. She sort of gallops around in circles, arms waving in the air. You can't help but get off your tushie when she starts grooving -- it's contagious! She loves to sing too and it kills me to listen to her version of songs! Soooo funny! She loves Adele (great taste, I know!) and belts out "Someone Like You" like nobody's business! She also loves "Do As I'm Doing" and makes sure that EVERYONE participates when she's "doing".

I love those dimples that punctuate her every smile. Not that her smiles need any punctuation, as BIG and HAPPY as they are. But the dimples just add some extra icing on her happy cake. Sometimes she gives this sweet, closed-lipped, half moon smile that takes my breath away a bit. She is so beautiful. It's one of my favorite smiles she gives.
I love when she says, "Mom, will you...(insert something that she wants me to do for her)?" And when I say yes, she says, "You will? Ok, GREAT!"

I love how she watches Kaiya and looks up to her so much. Though she will never be told what to do or how to be, I can see the admiration she feels for her big sis, and that she wants to be just like her. I love the bond they have. It's the most beautifully natural thing I have ever witnessed.

I love the way she grabs hold of Avery's hand and gets up close to her face and says, "Hi Avie-girl!"

I love how inclusive and social she is. There is not a soul she would not welcome in with her warm smile and happy greeting. When we go on walks in the morning, she waves and yells, "HIIII!" to every single child that rides their bike or walks by on their way to school. I like to think that it sort-of starts their day off on a happy note. If anyone ever comes to the door, she runs right over and greets them with all the energy she's got! I can tell she has this special way of brightening people's days, whether at the grocery store, at church, or just sitting on the front porch. I have always felt this warm, peaceful, happy, SPECIAL spirit when Taylor is around. The number of people who have commented on that to me lets me know that it's not just the mom bias -- she really is contagiously, noticeably happy!

I love her HUGE, crystal clear, blue eyes. They are so expressive and tell so much about the light that is bursting out of her. They sparkle, just like her.
I love that Taylor is also not shy about speaking her peace or making her presence known. I worry sometimes for that middle child, who innocently gets lost in the shuffle. Not Taylor. She has no problem getting her fair share of attention! She has no problem fighting for what she wants, even if it is someone bigger, like her sister! She has no problem being as loud as she needs to be in order to make sure she is being heard! She has no problem stomping her foot and shouting, "I'm MAD!" when life is not being fair to her! She has no problem telling me to stop talking to dad when she is trying to get his attention! (Stinker!) I have the feeling she will never have to work too hard to make sure we all know she is there and what she wants. That's the spunky side of her that adds a whole lot of spice to our family! And I love that about her! I love seeing her first thing in the morning (though I hate that she's an early riser!). She is so happy and ready for the day. She is quick to give hugs and then quick to get started with all that the day has to offer her. When she sees everyone for the first time in the morning, you would think it was the first time she was seeing us all in years! She is soooo excited and gives the warmest, most cheerful greetings to each of us! Pretty much impossible to start the day on a bad foot with her around! Soooo sweet!Suffice it to say, I adore this little girl. Special. Sweet. Spunky. Spicy. Expressive. Squishy. Beautiful. Excited. HAPPY. The perfect compliment to the other personalities in our home. So thankful she is ours!
Love you, Tay Jayne!

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

There is sunshine in my soul today..after reading and viewing pictures of little miss Tay-Tay. Did you paint her eyes that blue? Incredible! I doubt if there will be many grey days in your house for some time. Grandma misses those snuggles dear sweet one.

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones