RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: It's our anniversary!

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

It's our anniversary!

NINE years ago today, pretty much all of my dreams came true! Yep, it's kinda crazy to believe, but Chris and I celebrate our ninth year of marriage today! Wow, time really goes by soooo fast! And yet, I find myself thinking back to that special day and I can remember it just like it was yesterday! It was such an amazing day and I had never been so happy or so in love!

But the really amazing thing is as much as I loved Chris today nine years ago, that love has only grown more deep, more true, more intense, and is so much more based on all that we have experienced together during our marriage so far. When I say I love this man, it does not give justice to how I truly feel about him! And I'm grateful to see how our love has matured and solidified over these years and know that it will continue to do so in the many years ahead!

I love every single thing about Chris. He is so supportive and honest and kind. He is STRONG, smart, determined, and I have every assurance that he would literally do anything for his girls. He brings a peace and a happiness into our home that only he could do. He is just that eternally optimistic and happy guy and it is sure to rub off on anyone he is around. He makes me laugh and smile every single day. He gives me his arms and his love when I need them most. This guy is so special, so amazing. I love him so much.

Like all of us, we have been through a lot together. This year alone has thrown us some curve balls that have made life difficult. But when I imagine ever having to go through anything alone, it makes me grateful for the feeling that I can do ANYTHING as long as Chris is by my side. No matter what happens in life, I still get to get wrapped up in his strong, protecting arms at the end of the day and it is safe and comforting there. And hey, we have also been through some INCREDIBLE and amazingly joyful times together as well! The happiest and most important events in my life I have experienced with Chris. And that's what it's all about, right -- the good, the bad, the great, the hard? Wherever life takes us....

For our anniversary this year, Chris surprised me with tickets to a concert at the USANA. It was The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, and TIM MCGRAW!!! Ahhh, it was so amazing! Seriously, Tim is pure excitement to watch and puts on the BEST show! And The Band Perry, how I LOVE, LOVE their music! It was so fun to have a night away together and we had such a fun time! What a treat, especially since Chris does NOT love country music and kept saying he wished he knew any of the songs! He was so sweet to take me! Thanks, baby!
Happy Anniversary to my best friend in the world! Just another stepping stone in our eternal lives together, each one adding to the beautiful journey we get to share with each other! The happiest NINE years of my life!!

3 Comments:

Blogger groverbaby said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you baby!

Chris

9:07 AM  
Blogger Janessa Couch said...

How sweet! I will have to check that band out, never heard of it. One year for our anniversary Mitchell went with me to Mona Lisa Smiles and I have not heard the end of it. :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Brittany said...

YEEEAAAHHH! I love country and those are some of my favorite artists! I bet it was amazing! You two are great for eachother. Congratulations on 9 years!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones