RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Updates, updates, updates!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Updates, updates, updates!

Ohhh, goodness, I am so far behind, but so many things I don't want to forget either! So, I'm going to be updating -- join me if you like!

We'll start with Kaiya first!
This is WAY old, but we finally got Kaiya a bike! It was several months ago, and I keep forgetting to post this milestone! If you know Kaiya, you know that it is such a BIG deal that she is riding this bike! She is so timid and cautious and was very scared at first. We weren't sure if she would want to stick with it. But she is also one determined little girl and she wasn't about to let that bike beat her! So, she got on and rode, VERY slow at first, but with lots of practice, she has gotten so much better! The training wheels are still her friends, but I'm totally fine with that because I am sooooo proud of her for tackling a BIG fear! She is so in love with her helmet -- almost more so than the bike! When we bought it, she wore it the whole hour car ride home!Kaiya also has been in Primary at church since January. She is doing so well there! A few weeks ago, she even gave her first talk! With Kaiya, you never know if she will have the courage to get up and do it or if the fear will win. This time, she was brave and got right up and did an amazing job!! I had to fight back my tears as I helped her because I was bursting with love and admiration for her! She loves her friends at church, most of them are our neighbors too, and it's fun to see her coming out of her shell to be social with them!

Kaiya is having such a fun summer! We signed her up for a sports clinic that runs for 4 weeks and each week they focus on a different sport. So, she has been introduced to basketball, t-ball, soccer, and frisbee (I know, I thought that was a strange choice as well, but the kids actually loved it)! She is really good at t-ball -- that was her favorite! She can throw the ball like you wouldn't believe! We got her the most adorable PINK mitt that she is in love with! It has been so, so fun to see her come out of her shell and have so much fun playing! I'm so glad we got her into this!

Kai LOVES being outside. Every day as soon as she wakes up, she asks me if it's too early to go outside! Most of the time I try to stall her until at least about 10:00!
She loves anything to do with water -- sprinklers, their water activity table, the pool, splashing Taylor!! She loves to color with the sidewalk chalk, ride her bike, push Taylor around in her car, give rides in her jeep to whoever will accompany her, throw the ball to Chase, and pretty much ANYTHING else that entails being outside! I have to admit, I love being out there too, so I don't mind too much! Because of her many hours outside, she has developed the most beautiful tan (obviously she didn't get that from our fairness!), her hair is always wild and beautifully untamed, and she is always dirty from the fun! She is such a beautiful summer girl! This girl has some pretty wild bedtime antics! Some mornings, she wakes up with 3-4 hats on and mittens that she has pulled out of her drawer the night before. Some nights, we sneak in to see what she's doing and find her in her boots, or playing with her books in a funny way! And don't you just love how she has placed Barbie so she can watch what is going on? She is such a funny girl!Kaiya is becoming more and more beautiful every single day! So smart, so funny, so creative, and oh so sweet! We love our Kaiya-bear!

4 Comments:

Blogger britt said...

Love that girl! what a smarty pants and oohh soo sweet!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger The Valentine Fam said...

Can you believe they are going to be 4! I can't!! She's so cute.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Kaiya is such a special girl....there is a sensitivity under that shyness that is so precious. She is looking so much older and really is becoming her own beautiful little girl. I love her wavey hair and stunning smile. We miss you Kaiya-bear.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

She is beautiful! My Ansley is like her - always wanting to be outside, tan, wild hair, mitten-bike-helmet-thing, etc...we need to get these girls to meet! What is your week like the week of July 25?

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones