Light up the sky!
I love the 4th of July! It is truly a summertime holiday -- the smell of BBQ in the air, laying under the stars in the nice warm weather, and of course, the chance to celebrate our BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING country! I definitely am PROUD to be an American and I do love this land and all those who defend it! And for me, there is still something so magical about fireworks, even as an adult. And I am loving it even more as I watch my kids' excitement over it! It was a GREAT weekend!
We kicked off the weekend with the big firework show and it did not disappoint! We had a yummy BBQ to start the evening and then let the kids run around crazy while we chatted with our neighbors. As it started to get dark, we brought out the blankets and the treats and some sparklers to get the girls in the mood for the BIG show! We are fortunate to live in the perfect spot for fireworks. Our street fills up pretty fast with visitors because of the great view! It is so nice to not have to fight traffic trying to get home -- we just walk right back inside! It was especially fun this year because all three girls stayed up to watch the show! Last year it was just Kaiya who stayed awake! Even sweet Avery watched it all, with HUGE, amazed eyes! It was so cute! Such a fun night -- perfect weather, great food, fun neighbors, together as a family, and a beautiful show!
The next day was the annual "Cruise-In" car show. It is quite the big deal here and is really a lot of fun to go to! I'm not a huge car person, but there are literally hundreds of cars to look at and it is quite interesting! As you can see from our assortment of pictures, Chris has a love for BLACK cars, especially his old favorites -- the Charger, the Chevelle, and the Camero. We saw some pretty sweet ones, I must say! I was taking Kaiya to the bathroom and she says, "Mom, I reeeeeaaallly want to see a pink car!" I said I hoped we did too. And look what we found!
I think Kaiya thought it was actually HER car as she kept trying to get inside! Pretty cute! The girls were such champs and even though it was pretty hot, they seemed to have a lot of fun! That night we went to dinner with some neighbors and the kids had fun with the sitter (mom and dad needed a night out together)!
When the actual 4th of July came around, we spent the day in the pool and just relaxing together! There is nothing better than having Chris home for a long weekend! We enjoyed all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood and did some of our own that night.
It was a pretty perfect weekend -- sad that it's over! But glad it will come again next year!

We kicked off the weekend with the big firework show and it did not disappoint! We had a yummy BBQ to start the evening and then let the kids run around crazy while we chatted with our neighbors. As it started to get dark, we brought out the blankets and the treats and some sparklers to get the girls in the mood for the BIG show! We are fortunate to live in the perfect spot for fireworks. Our street fills up pretty fast with visitors because of the great view! It is so nice to not have to fight traffic trying to get home -- we just walk right back inside! It was especially fun this year because all three girls stayed up to watch the show! Last year it was just Kaiya who stayed awake! Even sweet Avery watched it all, with HUGE, amazed eyes! It was so cute! Such a fun night -- perfect weather, great food, fun neighbors, together as a family, and a beautiful show!
It was a pretty perfect weekend -- sad that it's over! But glad it will come again next year!





1 Comments:
Oh I could really feel the summer spirit as I read your post and saw the fun you all had on the 4th. I will have to admit, it made me darn homesick!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home