RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Milestones

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Milestones

Just so I don't forget, some milestones for Miss Avery from the past week or so!

First, she rolled over! WHAT?! She is NOT allowed to be doing stuff like this at 3 months old -- she is still my little baby! But she did indeed roll over! It happened about a week ago. She had been trying very hard to get over for a few weeks. I laid her down on her back and when I came back a minute later, she was on her stomach! Yikes! She has done it a few more times since. Ohhh, baby girl, please stop growing up!

She has also started trying really hard to hold her own bottle. She has gone for about 5 minutes or so holding it on her own already. Whenever we are trying to feed her, she really works hard to get her hands onto the bottle. Of course she can't do this all on her own yet, but man, she is trying sooo hard!

Also, Avery gave us our first 8 hour sleep in a LONG time! Yep, that little sweetheart slept her first 8 hour stretch! You know that feeling when you wake up and look at the clock and realize you didn't wake up all night?! Yeah, it's like Christmas! Of course it was only one time, but hey, it was heavenly! And we can't complain anyway, because she is such a good sleeper and usually gives us a good 6 hours, quick eat, and then back to sleep for another 4-5 hours. But there is nothing like 8 hours, uninterrupted! I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious for this to become a habit. Let's hope that happens soon!

Sweet Bubsy, she just melts my heart! She is such a good, good baby. I know everyone always says that about their babies and that's wonderful! But when you are the mommy and are busy, busy, busy with two other little ones, to be able to truthfully and whole-heartedly say that you have a GOOD baby -- well, it is just a huge blessing! She honestly hardly ever makes a peep and is just so content and happy and easy going. She doesn't ask for much and is just so thrilled for anyone to give her a smile or a snuggle, which she always returns in the sweetest way! I am so thankful that she is feeling so much better and her reflux problems have given way to such a sweet, happy personality! Of course she still spits up like you wouldn't believe, but I can definitely handle a happy spitter!

Oh Bubsy, please just stay our little baby forever! I'm not ready for you to grow up so fast! Your sisters have already mastered that art and I don't want it to happen again with you!

And here are some pictures of this content little girl, just watching a beautiful sunset out the window! Of course, until mom had to come and interrupt with the camera in her face! Love you, Avery Ryenne!

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

cant wait to snuggle that sweet baby girl!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Cari said...

Oh my goodness...what a doll! I still get a big smile on my face whenever I think of your cute family! I love reading about all the fun you have together. :)

12:54 AM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Aren't you blessed that #3 is Miss Contentment!! She is growing and changing so quickly--good in some ways but sad for grdma and grdpa who are missing it all. We love you little miss adorable and are so glad your mommy is documenting all these fun things for us.

3:37 AM  
Blogger britt said...

Oh my how much she has changed since I last saw her. We really need to get together again soon!! She is just soo darn precious. I want to smooch those cheeks!!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones