Thank Goodness for Fathers!
We had a really great Father's Day yesterday -- at least I hope Chris did!
We had cinnamon and strawberry crepes for breakfast and then big, FAT steaks (of course that's what Chris requested!) and rosemary potatoes for dinner! And then a yummy dessert of cake pops! YUM! Chris sure knows how to make some yummy requests! We had a nice day at church, some good long naps in the afternoon (thanks, girls!), and an evening of walks and hanging out enjoying a beautiful sunset! As Chris and I sat cuddling on the glider on the porch, watching the girls run around and play, Avery fast asleep on my chest, the sky colorful and bright as the sun set on the mountains...and I turned to Chris and said, "This is really perfect!" And it was.
I love my Chris. I love him for more reasons than I could ever count or express. He brightens my life every single day with his charm, happy and ever optimistic personality, kindness, charity, love, and silly jokes! Come on, Chris, you know most of those jokes are pretty bad -- but we still laugh anyway, huh?! I love his smile, the way he is ever aware and concerned and protective of our safety. I love how he loves his girls. I'm telling you, this guy was MADE to be a daddy. He loves to roll around and wrestle and throw the girls in the air and spin them around till they fall down dizzy.
He is so much fun. But then there is that side of him that you can see when he is looking at his kids, that love he feels for them. He looks at them with the feeling that they bring him true and pure joy. He looks at them like he would truly do ANYTHING in the world for them. He looks at them and I know they have him wrapped around their fingers, around and around and around. And I love it.
And what makes me really happy is that he still looks at me that way too. Chris is so honest and loyal to his family, his friends, and most of all, to the Lord. He is such a GOOD person, with a good heart and good soul. I love you, Chris, more and more the longer I am blessed to be your wife! All of your girls love you, we adore you, we are soooooo thankful for the countless ways that you bless our lives! Happy Father's Day, baby!
And to my dad...well, I love him a lot too! I miss him so much as he serves with my mom on their mission in Germany. We are so blessed for the Skype conversations that we get to have every week and for the continuous love and concern that we feel from my dad, even across all these miles. He is still DAD, no matter where he is! My dad has always been a constant in my life. He never wavers in his support for our family, for me. He gives the best advice and we use it regularly! He is so, so generous. He would and has done so much for every person in our family, and it has extended to all that he knows. He loves my mom and that is so important for a dad to do. He works tirelessly hard and serves the Lord and those he needs to with no questioning. He is funny and intelligent and wise. Our girls love him so much too. They pray for he and my mom every single day. They get excited to talk to him on the "pooter" (computer). They love to sit in his lap and read books with him -- they can't wait for more of that when he gets back! We love you so much, dad. We miss you. We hope you had a wonderful day yesterday too. You are always in our hearts -- ALWAYS!
And to the many other strong and kind men that have blessed my life -- thank you. To my grandfather's (who have both passed away) who raised me some really good parents. To my brothers who bless their families lives so much, the way they have always blessed mine -- such good guys they are! To my father in law who teaches his children and grandchildren about what is most important in life. From the gentle and thorough pediatrician that takes care of our children, to the loving Bishop who cares for the people in our ward, to the teachers and professors who taught me throughout my life -- each one has blessed my life in their own way.
Happy Father's Day to the men I love!
We had cinnamon and strawberry crepes for breakfast and then big, FAT steaks (of course that's what Chris requested!) and rosemary potatoes for dinner! And then a yummy dessert of cake pops! YUM! Chris sure knows how to make some yummy requests! We had a nice day at church, some good long naps in the afternoon (thanks, girls!), and an evening of walks and hanging out enjoying a beautiful sunset! As Chris and I sat cuddling on the glider on the porch, watching the girls run around and play, Avery fast asleep on my chest, the sky colorful and bright as the sun set on the mountains...and I turned to Chris and said, "This is really perfect!" And it was.
I love my Chris. I love him for more reasons than I could ever count or express. He brightens my life every single day with his charm, happy and ever optimistic personality, kindness, charity, love, and silly jokes! Come on, Chris, you know most of those jokes are pretty bad -- but we still laugh anyway, huh?! I love his smile, the way he is ever aware and concerned and protective of our safety. I love how he loves his girls. I'm telling you, this guy was MADE to be a daddy. He loves to roll around and wrestle and throw the girls in the air and spin them around till they fall down dizzy.
And to my dad...well, I love him a lot too! I miss him so much as he serves with my mom on their mission in Germany. We are so blessed for the Skype conversations that we get to have every week and for the continuous love and concern that we feel from my dad, even across all these miles. He is still DAD, no matter where he is! My dad has always been a constant in my life. He never wavers in his support for our family, for me. He gives the best advice and we use it regularly! He is so, so generous. He would and has done so much for every person in our family, and it has extended to all that he knows. He loves my mom and that is so important for a dad to do. He works tirelessly hard and serves the Lord and those he needs to with no questioning. He is funny and intelligent and wise. Our girls love him so much too. They pray for he and my mom every single day. They get excited to talk to him on the "pooter" (computer). They love to sit in his lap and read books with him -- they can't wait for more of that when he gets back! We love you so much, dad. We miss you. We hope you had a wonderful day yesterday too. You are always in our hearts -- ALWAYS!Happy Father's Day to the men I love!





2 Comments:
I love it! Chris is such a great guy and I'm so glad you guys have eachother! Avery is getting so big and it kind of makes me sad that it's been that long since I've seen her! I'm glad things are going great!
Guess the lone "man-dad" in the Grover house got some good pampering from all his chicks. Could I come for that dinner next year? I agree with your tribute to the main men in your life. (well I don't know about the Doc).
Post a Comment
<< Home