RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Birthday festivities!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday festivities!

Wow, August is a busy month -- our anniversary, Kai's bday, and by the time mine comes around at the end of the month, I am usually worn out!

Kai had some pretty fun birthday activities this year! We had been wanting to take the kids down to the Living Planet Aquarium for awhile now, so when Kaiya asked if we could go for her birthday, we thought it was the perfect excuse to finally go! We met up with Chris' brother, Wes and his wife, Tiffany, and their little girl Sammie. We were so excited that they could come with us! The girls love to spend time with their cousins!

It was a REALLY fun trip! Our kids were at such perfect ages because they thought the Aquarium was MAGICAL!! We could have stayed at every tank for hours and they would have been perfectly happy! It is a really great place and we will have to make a trip back sometime soon! The favorites were the penguins (who were very active and having lots of fun), the octopus, and of course the sea turtle and the sharks. They wanted nothing to do with touching the sting rays, but I totally understand -- they are SLIMY!! It was seriously such a fun day!
Afterward, we went over to Chris' parents house, where they totally spoiled Kai with gifts, balloons, a yummy lunch and a BIG princess cake! Lucky girl! Chris' sister and hubby, Ann and Brad, also came over to join us. It was so good to spend time with our family and I know Kaiya felt so special by all the fuss over her birthday! On Kaiya's actual bday, which was on Sunday, the 14th, we had cupcakes and opened presents at the park with our little family. It was simple and fun. I figured that the Aquarium would suffice for the birthday celebration, but the more I started thinking about it, the more I really wanted Kaiya to have her first birthday party too! I couldn't resist! So, of course, I gave myself no time to actually prepare for it, but sent out the invitations anyway! I got some really GREAT ideas from my SIL, Debbie, and the party sort-of evolved from there! The invites were water balloons, and inside I had stuffed the laminated invitation. So, the kids all had to pop the water balloons to get the invitation out! They LOVED it! The party was water-themed, so of course we had goldfish and swedish fish for snacks, along with blue jello with swedish fish "swimming" in it. We had about 10 little girls here, so it was pretty crazy, but they all played so well together and had so much fun! We started by having all the kids decorate their gift bags themselves and doing bubble art. Next was "Pin the Sunglasses on Ame". I found this little hula girl and Kaiya thought it looked just like her cousin Ame, who is also a hula girl, so that's what we named her! The kids really loved this one! Next, we did a scavenger hunt to find all of the treats and prizes for their gift bags. Then the party moved outside! We did water hose limbo, water balloon relay races, sprinkler games and the favorite, "Squash the Shark" -- I drew shark faces on water balloons and sent them floating in the pools, where the kids had to try and squash them by sitting on them! It was hilarious to watch!! Finally, we enjoyed cake pops and ice cream and the kids went home, hopefully happy! I know Kaiya had a blast and I am so thrilled that her FIRST birthday party was a hit! One of the parents told me the next day at church that his daughter hadn't stopped talking about the party, so I'm glad the kids had fun too! And all I can say now, is WHEW, glad that's over! Happy Birthday, sweet Kai!

6 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingfamilies said...

Your girls are GORGEOUS! HOLY COW! Let's just nail down a date to get together and do it...I want to meet your beautiful children and catch up with you!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great party Kar. It looks like it turned out so fun for those cute little girls. And Kaiya does look like she had a blast. Did I see in one of the pics that she got a Leapster? How does she like it?? Hopefully I gave a good recommendation...

Britt

7:39 AM  
Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Wow--what a long and entertaining post. That acquarium looked like the perfect idea for your girls. They were so enthralled by it all. Lucky you Kaiya, all that birthday fun. Her party with all the little "chicks" looked so darn fun and what creative things you came up with Kar. Loved the games, invites, and activities. We love you big 4 year old girl. Glad your day (week) was so special.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Allan and Diane said...

Those red curls just melt my heart, cute rolls and smiles from Avery and a special tug always in my heart for sweet Kaiya.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Grammy said...

Happy Birthday to YOU, Karli! What a darling family. You are one busy little mom!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Charity had a blast! Thanks for throwing such a fun party!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones