Fall fun
We HAD been enjoying fall, until the nasty cold weather showed up these last few weeks! Snow, ughhh! But I'm grateful we had such good weather for as long as we did! YAY! Sorry, this is another "catch-up" post!
Kaiya had her first field trip with her Preschool and I volunteered to help chaperon. It was such a fun trip! They went to the local fire station and had a grand tour. The kids were all pretty amazed by the trucks and equipment and of course, the highlight, the pole the firemen slide down! Taylor and Avery joined us and Taylor was sooooo excited to be with the big kids! She was walking around making friends with all of them! They were all very nice to her! At the end, all the kids got a fire hat -- pretty cool! I can't get over how OLD Kaiya looks with her class. Oh, stop growing, sweetheart!
A few weeks ago, we were able to go down to Thanksgiving Point and meet up with some of our favorite people -- Jessika and her family! It was the funnest day! We met for lunch first and had fun catching up and talking. Then we went over and enjoyed all the farm animals and sights to see at Thanksgiving Point. We rode ponies (the absolute highlight for Kai and Tay!), took a ride on a tractor, pet horses and goats and cows, and played hula hoop! There was so much fun stuff to do and our kids had a blast and were so tuckered out! We always LOVE every chance we get to see Jess and her family. We love them so much and are so grateful that we can have these meetings every so often! They are such good people and we love them!
We found this really great spot up the canyon, by the river, where tons of ducks and geese hang out. And it's really beautiful up there! So, we went there two days in a row! The first day, we were just coming back from our Sunday drive, so we didn't have any bread, so we had to come back the next evening with bread and crackers in tow. The kids were seriously in heaven -- they LOVED it! (Don't you love the beautiful bed hair -- the girls had just woken up from naps! Oh well!)

We were able to go up to Idaho a few weekends ago and had a blast! Some of our great friends, the Strebel's, who used to live right down the street, moved a few months ago up there and we've been wanting to go up and visit them at their new house! We have missed them A LOT! We finally got up there and they were such GREAT hosts! Our other good friends, the Butler's (who used to live right next door to us, but moved about 10 mins away) also came up. Our kids love all of their kids and had so much fun spending the whole day with so many friends to play with! They all play so well together! We spent a lot of time talking and hanging out and enjoying each others company. We enjoyed a fun Halloween lunch, a treasure hunt, the kids planned a fun "carnival" with games and all, they decorated cookies, and the adults got a good chance to talk and catch up! Then we went to feed ducks next the beautiful Snake River, went to a cute pumpkin patch where the kids got to run through a hay maze and ride an adorable little train. They loved that! And then we went to a really neat Fun Park and the kids tired themselves out with running around and jumping in the ball pits and dressing up! We went back and had a nice dinner together and then it was time to hit the road home! We are so, so happy we were able to go see our friends and so grateful for their ALWAYS warm hospitality! What great people!
And some funnies from the kids that I want to remember:
Taylor said to me the other day, "Oh mom, you're so cute!" And I said, "No, Taylor, YOU'RE so cute." To which she replied, "No mom, I'm cute AND beautiful!" Funny girl!
Every morning for seriously a month now, the first thing Kaiya says is, "Mom, it's ALMOST Halloween!" (And how quickly it's over -- so sad!)
The other day while I was doing her hair, Kaiya says, "But mom, we just did my hair last week!" (Her concept of time is a little skewed!)
Out of the blue (and I still have NO idea where she came up with this), Taylor throws her fist up into the air and yells, "SUPER STRONG" in this really deep voice! It's her coined phrase now these days! Makes us laugh every time!
Taylor tells us, "I'm going to be a costume for Halloween! Yay!"
Kaiya had her first field trip with her Preschool and I volunteered to help chaperon. It was such a fun trip! They went to the local fire station and had a grand tour. The kids were all pretty amazed by the trucks and equipment and of course, the highlight, the pole the firemen slide down! Taylor and Avery joined us and Taylor was sooooo excited to be with the big kids! She was walking around making friends with all of them! They were all very nice to her! At the end, all the kids got a fire hat -- pretty cool! I can't get over how OLD Kaiya looks with her class. Oh, stop growing, sweetheart!
Taylor said to me the other day, "Oh mom, you're so cute!" And I said, "No, Taylor, YOU'RE so cute." To which she replied, "No mom, I'm cute AND beautiful!" Funny girl!
Every morning for seriously a month now, the first thing Kaiya says is, "Mom, it's ALMOST Halloween!" (And how quickly it's over -- so sad!)
The other day while I was doing her hair, Kaiya says, "But mom, we just did my hair last week!" (Her concept of time is a little skewed!)
Out of the blue (and I still have NO idea where she came up with this), Taylor throws her fist up into the air and yells, "SUPER STRONG" in this really deep voice! It's her coined phrase now these days! Makes us laugh every time!
Taylor tells us, "I'm going to be a costume for Halloween! Yay!"





3 Comments:
Wow, what a fun catch-up blog. Love all the friends, ducks but particularly sweet girls. Thanks for sharing the fun.
I just love all the fun things you do as a family! When I look at your blog, it reminds me how fun it is to have preschoolers (best.age.EVER!) Your family is adorable! :)
I just love all the fun things you do as a family! When I look at your blog, it reminds me how fun it is to have preschoolers (best.age.EVER!) Your family is adorable! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home