A Party for Bubsy!
We had so much fun celebrating our sweet girls first birthday! I'm pretty sure that her big sisters think ANY reason to get cupcakes and ice cream is good enough for them! But they talked about Avery's birthday all week and were so excited to have a couple chances to celebrate their little sis!
Her actual birthday (Wednesday) was pretty low-key, just us and some cupcakes! She sure was a happy girl, though! Then again, she's always a happy girl!
She was pretty unsure about her first cupcake and played with it more than actually tasting it! But that's all the fun, right?!
Then on Saturday, we had a little party for her with our family members that were able to join us! It was a great chance for the cousins to get together and play and to give Avery some extra special attention! And of course mom had lots of fun decorating and making cake!
I seriously cracked up the entire time I was making the little toothpick pictures for the cupcakes. They look straight out of Jib Jab, like they should stand up and start dancing at any second! So funny!
I also attempted the rainbow cake that is all the rage right now, and made homemade cream cheese frosting to layer and top it with -- YUM! It turned out pretty good and it sure impressed the kids, so hey, I'll take that! I even got Chris to help me with the cake! It was his idea to freeze all the layers before assembling it, because they are so thin and fall apart so easily! He's a smart one, that guy!
All in all, it was a FUN day spent with the ones we love, celebrating the most adorable, special one-year-old I know! Nothing makes me happier than seeing my kids happy and doing fun things with them and for them!





3 Comments:
Everything turned out so cute!! We loved being with you guys Friday!! Can't wait for some more Grover time!!
Looks like a special day for a very special girl. And MOM, how impressive with all the cute decorations and "wow" cake. Must have been a really good day.
Ok, so cute. I was just thinking of you guys and how LONG its been since we've communicated! so sad. What is your email these days? Shoot me a line...angelabaiamonte@yahoo.com
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home