RED GROVER, RED GROVER!: Love

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love

It's just fun having a day where we have a little extra "LOVE" in our hearts, don't ya think?!

I had the funnest V-day this year! Not for any particular reason, other than it was soooo fun to see my kids get so into it this year! They have never really even known what February 14th is all about...until this year!
Kaiya especially! She was sooo excited! Her preschool class was having a big party. And passing out Valentines. AND, the letters "Q" and "U" were getting married at school, since they love each other so much and don't ever like to be apart! (How cute and creative is that?! Great job, Mrs. Turner!) So, she was looking forward to the day for a few weeks! We had so much fun making her Valentine's for her class and they turned out cute -- nice and homemade!
And she was literally jumping out of her socks when she got home with her adorably decorated, special V-day bag that she had made at school, chock full of candy and special notes from her friends! She was beaming! It melted my heart! All she could talk about was the party and the treats and how she got to be a "flower girl" for the marriage of Q and U! The boys all made ties to wear and the girls all got to carry around fake flowers and made flowers for their hair for the wedding! Soooo cute! She had such a fun day at preschool!

We tried to make the day pretty fun at home too! We woke up and had strawberry milk in special cups and red heart-shaped pancakes with whip cream for breakfast.
We had heart-shaped sandwiches for lunch. For snacks, we made pink lemonade cookies with pink frosting, in the shape of hearts, of course! The girls got a "love package" full of treats and treasures that they were thrilled with! And we made sure that everyone understood, that V-day is a day of love, which meant we give lots of extra hugs and kisses and say "I love you" a whole lot! The girls were giving so much love all day long, and that was MY treat for the day!

And for Chris, I decided to stick with some yummy treats -- that's the way to men's hearts, right?! (Hopefully I've made it into his heart a LONG time ago :) His fave fruit is raspberries, so I made chocolate-filled raspberries which I seriously could have eaten about 100 of! YUM! I also made cheesecake filled strawberries, complete with graham cracker sprinkles and topped with drizzled chocolate. (The girls loved helping with that part!)
And Chris, wow, you did good! I got beautiful flowers and while we were down south last week, he snuck away and got me a treat from heaven. And by heaven, I mean a little place called Sweet Tooth Fairy! Oh yes, I think he must have gotten tired of me ranting about how I wished we lived closer so I could eat their cake bites every single day! He hooked me up with lots of little treats from there and I think it should tie me over until I can get a fix again! So unbelievably delish! And then he took me to my favorite restaurant for a quiet, romantic, relaxing dinner that night! I would dare say the whole day was about as perfect as you could ask for!I hope everyone felt a whole lot of love and that the feeling continues all year long!

1 Comments:

Blogger Diane and Allan said...

Wow, now I wish I had woken up at your house on V-Day instead of Freezing Finland. But then who else could say that their Valentine took them to Finland for V-Day???

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones